This training game has a Christmas theme and is used at the end of a training session. It is a highly effective and enjoyable way of helping to embed key learning points.
You can download a set of instructions from the link at the bottom of this page that will help run the training game, 'Christmas Cards'. Alternatively, yo ucan follow the information below.
One Christmas card for every participant.
1. Make sure everyone in the room has a Christmas card.
2. Explain that you want them to write a personal message to the group. Tell them that the message must contain a key learning point from the training and may include a festive message if they choose. Give an example of what you mean. (e.g. Merry Christmas, and don’t forget the importance of building Rapport).
3. Now ask participants to pass the card to the person on their right. Tell them that you now want them to read the message on the new card and add a different one of their own.
4. Once again ask participants to pass the card to the person on their right and again read the messages already there. They should again add a message of their own.
5. Keep going until each card contains at least six messages.
6. Collect the cards and read out some of the messages that have been written.
7. After the session place the cards into envelopes. Then address and send one of the cards to each of the participants. This will serve as a timely reminder of what they learned.
This training game is useful to help embed the key learning points from a training course.