This icebreaker is a fun way of arranging participants into randomly selected teams.
You can download the instructions for running the icebreaker, 'Lollipops' from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below.
You'll need to supply your own lollipops.
A supply of coloured lollipops
1. The purpose of this icebreaker is to arrange your participants into teams.
For the purposes of these instructions we will assume there are 12 people on your programme and that you want to arrange them into 4 teams.
2. Put 12 coloured lollipops into a bag or a box as follows:
3 x Red Lollipops
3 x Green Lollipops
3 x Yellow Lollipops
3 x Orange Lollipops
3. Tell each participant to take one lollipop from the bag without looking.
4. When all of the lollipops have been taken tell participants to find the other two people with the same coloured lollipop they are holding. Explain that they will now work together in the next part of your training course.
5. Adjust the number of lollipops and colours used according to the number of participants and the number of teams you want.
6. You can use sweets instead of lollipops or even small gifts such as coloured pens or pencils.
Use this icebreaker to arrange participants into teams.