Use this training game with small to medium groups who need to learn technical topics or those that require a lot of information.
You can download a free training game pack from the link at the bottom of this page. This training game pack contains a two-page document, which describes the method of carrying out 'Technical Trumps'. You can also follow the notes below...
You probably remember the popular game Trumps. Well this training game is based on that theory.
1. Cut out 20 or so playing card sized pieces of white card (you may create more or less as needed).
2. At the top of each card, write the name of the topic you wish participants to learn about (we will use the mythical 'Peculiar Bank' Credit Card as our example)
3. Write the categories shown below on each of the cards and place the 'facts' next to each category. For an example, please see the free download at the bottom of this page.
4. Create a card for each topic you wish the participants to learn about (in our case we would select different companies credit cards)
5. Introduce the cards at the correct time of the session.
6. Shuffle the cards and hand at least one to each of the 'players'
7. The first person should pick a category and read out their score
8. Moving round the group, each player reads out their score for that category. The person with the highest score wins the round and collects all the losing cards. They then put the cards to the bottom of their pile and select the category for the next round.
9. The winner is the person who ends up with all the cards. Getting across a lot of information can often be difficult during training and it is easy to fall into the trap of just 'telling' the participants.
This training game will add a bit of fun and help the participants get the learning in a relaxed way. I hope you have fun playing!
Use this training game to help participants absorb technical or large information topics in a relaxed way. Helps eliminate the need to 'tell' participants.
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!