This free energiser activity can be used in any training session but works particularly well during programmes involving communication skills. The energiser activity helps to demonstrates how important it is to analyse and understand information before acting on it.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions to help you run the energiser can be downloaded from the ‘download’ link at the bottom of this page. Please ensure you download the following two items…
- Sufficient copies of the accompanying question sheet for participants to have one each (download instructions from the link below)
- Pen or pencil for each participant
- Give each participant a copy of the question sheet face down.
- Tell them they must not turn the paper over until you say so as this is a speed test.
- Tell the group that their objective is to answer each question accurately, but they only have two minutes to complete the test. Tell them you will give them one minute, 30 second and 15 second warnings. (you can allow more time if you prefer)
- At the end of two minutes go through the correct answers using the answer sheet provided.
- Discuss how many people were caught out by the questions and why?
- You may wish to offer a small prize to the person with the most correct answers.
Use this energiser…
To help focus participants during a training session
To emphasise the importance of understanding information before acting on it
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!