Category: Free Training Documents
Everybody – we could all improve the way in which we listen to others.
A set of tips providing guidance on how to become a good listener can be downloaded for free from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below…
20 Listening Tips
1. Stop talking
2. Minimise distractions
3. Stop doing other things while you are listening
4. Maintain eye contact
5. Use inviting body language
6. Never interrupt
7. Be patient
8. Listen for understanding.
9. Ask for clarification if you do not understand
10. Listen with empathy
11. Listen with compassion
12. Show interest
13. Encourage the speaker with nods and affirmative words
14. Ask questions
16. Listen for content and the way in which the speaker is talking (emotional context)
17. Listen with heart as well as with mind.
18. Follow the speakers lead
19. Avoid thinking about what you’re going to say next.
20. Arrange another time if you cannot listen properly now
To provide assistance to those who need to improve their listening skills. This tip sheet on listening would be a good additional document when using the Trainer Bubble training course materials for the following topics…
Listening Skills – Training Course Materials
Interview Skills – Training Course Materials
Mentor Training – Training Course Materials