This energiser can be used in any training course and helps to encourage discussion around how different things can be interpreted or misunderstood.
Training course contents:
You can download the instructions for this energiser for free from the link at the bottom of this page, or follow the notes below.
This fun bit of trivia can be used during training energisers to add a bit of interest to a training course and provoke a conversation around how misunderstandings can happen whether it be with language or the way something is said.
Simply add these statements to a PowerPoint slide and talk participants through them.
22 Reasons Why English is Hard to Learn…
1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10. I did not object to the object.
11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12. There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13. They were too close to the door to close it.
14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
22. The accountant at the music store records records of the records.
This energiser is a good method of encouraging conversations around giving good instructions, being clear or otherwise provide effective communication.
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!