This energiser can be used in any training session but works particularly well during programmes involving communication skills. The activity helps to demonstrates how important it is to analyse and understand information before acting on it.
Training course contents:
Instructions to help you run the energiser can be downloaded from the link below. These instructions include the following documents.
Sufficient copies of the accompanying question sheet for participants to have one each (these can be downloaded from the link below).
Pen or pencil for each participant
- Give each participant a copy of the question sheet face down.
- Create a formal, test/assessment environment, no talking, if you finish the test early please let me know so that I can note your time.
- Tell them they must not turn the paper over until you say so as this is a speed test.
- Tell the group that their objective is to answer each question accurately, but they only have three minutes to complete the test. Tell them you will give them one minute, 30 second and 15 second warnings.
- Discuss how many people were caught out by the questions and why?
To help focus participants during a training session
To emphasise the importance of understanding information before acting on it