These Abrasive Wheels e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
The dangers for people that operate abrasive wheels cutting equipment as part of their role cannot be underestimated. Many accidents that occur with abrasive wheels come about due to operator error or poor maintenance of equipment, both of which could be resolved with effective training and a heightened awareness of the dangers that using this equipment can pose.
This abrasive wheels e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to effectively operate abrasive wheel equipment and help to ensure they avoid injury for themselves and those around them.
With this ‘Abrasive Wheels’ E-Learning course your learners will:
- Establish the different kinds of abrasive wheel equipment and how they are used
- Identifying the dangers when using abrasive wheels and making sure you have the right tool for the job
- Exploring different types of hazards when using abrasive wheels
- Following clear guidelines for use
- Understanding how to check, store and ensure safety of the wheel is not compromised
- Effective mounting of equipment
- Using guards and PPE effectively with abrasive wheels
- Identifying the specific safety elements to consider for portable equipment
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that use abrasive wheels equipment
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for all managers of people that use abrasive wheels
- Perfect for employee induction processes.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Includes six learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Includes downloadable risk assessment form
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification.
- Identify the different types of abrasive wheel including different ways of powering them and using them
- Establish the main hazards of using abrasive wheels
- Exploring the regulations surrounding the use of abrasive wheels and the training requirements
- A downloadable guide to using abrasive wheels and specific safety information.
- Remembering the importance of using the right abrasive wheel for the job you are doing
- Review the main characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Knowing where to find important manufacturers guidelines and safety information about the abrasive wheel you are intending to use
- Reviewing common sense guidelines to help improve your safety when using abrasive wheels.
- Understand the importance of handling abrasive wheels correctly and what this involves
- Explore the importance of checking wheels for damage and what you need to do to check most types of wheel, including ring testing
- Find out about the correct storage of abrasive wheels to ensure that their safety is not compromised.
- Exploring reported abrasive wheel incidents and how they occurred
- Understanding who should carry out the mounting of abrasive wheels
- Establishing the do’s and do not’s of mounting abrasive wheels.
- Identify the importance of making proper use of guards and relevant personal protective equipment when working with abrasive wheels
- Establish basic guidance for the safe use of guards with advice on where to find additional information
- Understand the most common personal protective equipment when using abrasive wheels and what they are designed to do.
- Learn about the risks associated with the use of hand held grinders
- Review what must be checked before using these machines in addition to routine inspection, maintenance and servicing.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.