E-Learning Course Content:
This Abrasive Wheels e-learning course provides a theoretical basis for using tools safely. It covers the key aspects to ensure learners know how to avoid accidents and have a a heightened awareness of the dangers and risks.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
The dangers for people that operate abrasive wheels cutting equipment as part of their role cannot be underestimated. Many accidents that occur with abrasive wheels come about due to operator error or poor maintenance of equipment, both of which could be resolved with effective training and a heightened awareness of the dangers that using this equipment can pose.
This abrasive wheels e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to effectively operate abrasive wheel equipment and help to ensure they avoid injury for themselves and those around them.
With this ‘Abrasive Wheels’ E-Learning course your learners will:
- Establish the different kinds of abrasive wheel equipment and how they are used
- Identifying the dangers when using abrasive wheels and making sure you have the right tool for the job
- Exploring different types of hazards when using abrasive wheels
- Following clear guidelines for use
- Understanding how to check, store and ensure safety of the wheel is not compromised
- Effective mounting of equipment
- Using guards and PPE effectively with abrasive wheels
- Identifying the specific safety elements to consider for portable equipment
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that use abrasive wheels equipment
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for all managers of people that use abrasive wheels
- Perfect for employee induction processes.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Includes six learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Includes downloadable risk assessment form
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification.
- Identify the different types of abrasive wheel including different ways of powering them and using them
- Establish the main hazards of using abrasive wheels
- Exploring the regulations surrounding the use of abrasive wheels and the training requirements
- A downloadable guide to using abrasive wheels and specific safety information.
- Remembering the importance of using the right abrasive wheel for the job you are doing
- Review the main characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Knowing where to find important manufacturers guidelines and safety information about the abrasive wheel you are intending to use
- Reviewing common sense guidelines to help improve your safety when using abrasive wheels.
- Understand the importance of handling abrasive wheels correctly and what this involves
- Explore the importance of checking wheels for damage and what you need to do to check most types of wheel, including ring testing
- Find out about the correct storage of abrasive wheels to ensure that their safety is not compromised.
- Exploring reported abrasive wheel incidents and how they occurred
- Understanding who should carry out the mounting of abrasive wheels
- Establishing the do’s and do not’s of mounting abrasive wheels.
- Identify the importance of making proper use of guards and relevant personal protective equipment when working with abrasive wheels
- Establish basic guidance for the safe use of guards with advice on where to find additional information
- Understand the most common personal protective equipment when using abrasive wheels and what they are designed to do.
- Learn about the risks associated with the use of hand held grinders
- Review what must be checked before using these machines in addition to routine inspection, maintenance and servicing.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.