Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call, which helps with training of remote workers. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
We are all human beings, and it should not be a surprise that we can get angry from time to time. In fact, it is an emotional response that can be helpful to us and not usually unhealthy. However, if we lose control of it the consequences can be very negative by causing difficulties in our lives that may be difficult if not impossible to repair.
The Anger Management virtual training course will help participants to explore what causes them to become angry and to establish some of the reasons behind this. We also introduce them to some of the key approaches and actions they can take to help them avoid anger and stress and to manage these safely.
The course material is aimed at people who want to learn more about anger and how to control it.
Training course contents:
We all get angry at times and some of us can handle it badly whilst others seem to be able to control it so that it does not become destructive.
For example, you have probably heard of people who become angry constructing flat pack furniture with disastrous results. Others approach the situation calmly and end up with good results.
Understanding why we behave in the way we do helps us to manage our emotions and emotional responses so that we are in control when we become angry.
It can be very worrying to us and to others if we allow out emotions to control our lives. However, the good news it that we can learn how to be in control to the benefit or ourselves and others.
These materials in this course will help your participants to clarify their own thoughts on the impact it has on them and other people when they are angry. You will also be able to help them to manage their anger and their emotional reactions to the benefit of all concerned
Why run an anger management virtual training course?
Think about the benefits if participants were able to:
- Understand the causes of anger and little of the science behind it.
- Take control of the situation when emotions potentially lead to them becoming angry
- Communicate calmly with others when in difficult situations so that they do not degenerate into destructive
- Maintain relationships with others that are corroborative and helpful
- Maintain an optimistic outlook aimed at achieving positive outcomes
- Learn methods of relaxing that will help to mitigate stressful situations
The materials in this programme will help participants to start developing the behaviours that will help them to control and manage angry situations and make their lives and the lives of those around them less stressful.
Why use virtual training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight, but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
Introduction, Objectives and Expectations – Participants are introduced to anger and anger management. The aims of the course are explained to them, and they are also able to add objectives of their own. Expectations of the programme are also agreed between participants and the trainer.
The Physiology of Anger – The effect of anger on is explained and this is supported by a video clip that looks at when we lose control because we are angry. This then allows participants to explore their own emotions as a result of becoming angry.
Internal and External Triggers – Participants answer questions that help them to explore what causes them to have negative feelings and whether these are triggered internally or externally.
Thinking Errors – We introduce the concept relating to how negative thoughts lead to negative feelings and what we can do to stop to break what can become a vicious circle.
The Effects of Anger – Participants learn about the pros and cons of anger before examining a scenario that will help them to look in detail at how anger can be controlled.
Anger Management Techniques – Participants are introduced to a number of approaches that people have found useful in helping them to take control of anger.
Self-Awareness – How other people are affected when we become angry.
Cognitive Restructuring – Thinking in a different way so that we respond positively rather than destructively.
Assertive Communication – Participants explore how to rephrase emotional language into a more positive direction.
Self-Talk – How the way in which we talk to ourselves internally affects our feelings. If we tend to think negatively then anger is more likely. The opposite is also true.
Lifestyle Choices – Participants are encouraged to think about their lifestyles and whether even small changes could make them feel calmer.
Relaxation Techniques – Participants are introduced to some ideas to help them relax and are also asked to share ideas of their own.
Thought Records – Keeping a record of their thinking and how they dealt with the situation when angry helps participants to manage situations better in the future.
Summary and Action Plan – A summarising activity and referral to action plans.
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this virtual training course is designed to be interactive and engaging with activities and exercises throughout.
At the end of this Anger Management virtual training course your participants will be able to:
- Understand the causes and psychology of anger
- Take control of the situation when emotions may lead to anger
- Communicate calmly and positively in difficult situations
- Stay optimistic and work towards positive outcomes
- Use methods of relaxing that will help to mitigate stressful situations