This free energiser will help to get your participants into the mindset of dealing with customer service situations, how they might handle angry customers and their strategies for performing effectively.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the free energiser, ‘Angry Customer’ can be downloaded for free from the link at the bottom of this page. You can also see the full energiser instructions below.
Flipchart paper and pens.
- Divide the participants into small groups.
- Give each group a scenario where they are working at a customer service desk and they need to handle an angry customer.
- Give each group 15 minutes to brainstorm and role-play how they would handle the situation.
- After the 15 minutes are up, have each group present their role-play to the larger group.
- Encourage the participants to ask questions and give feedback on the presentations.
After all the groups have presented, discuss as a larger group, what strategies and techniques the groups used to handle the situation and what makes good customer service.
Ask the participants to write down any reminders this energiser has provided.
This energiser will give participants a chance to prepare for situations where they may have to face angry customers. It will also give them an opportunity to practice and develop their communication and problem-solving skills, which are important for success in customer service roles.