This e-learning course is aimed at providing awareness to anyone that is likely to carry out work that may disturb asbestos, and further than ensuring employers fulfil their legal obligations, its aim is to help protect employees from any potential harm from asbestos-related illness.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Protect your employees from the dangers of asbestos
When materials that contain asbestos are disturbed or damaged, fibres are released into the air. These fibres can then be inhaled, which can cause serious diseases. Most usually, these diseases take a long time to develop and so the effects of asbestos are not immediately apparent.
Asbestos is known to kill thousands of people each year and although often considered a problem of the past, it is still a danger to people working in buildings that were built prior to the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 places a duty on employers to ensure that all members of staff have access to sufficient instruction, information and training before taking part in any work that may expose them to asbestos. Therefore, it is crucial that employees are provided with adequate training to help protect them from the dangers. It is also vital that employers understand and appreciate the risks.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that is likely to disturb asbestos as part of their usual workplace duties, or who needs to have an awareness of the dangers to their employees.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing five interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, it’s important to protect employees from the dangers of asbestos-related illness. With this e-learning course:
- Explore the origins of asbestos, how it is produced and why it was used
- Identify the risks that asbestos poses to our health and the impact it can have on our body
- Establish where asbestos is commonly found in residential and commercial buildings, its uses and how to avoid disturbing it
- Understand how to avoid the risks of asbestos and what to do when you come into contact with it
- Explore the law surrounding asbestos use and the consequent duties related to the management and assessment of asbestos, including licenced asbestos use
- Review the physical properties of asbestos and why these were important to industry
- Understand the common names and characteristics of crocidolite, grunerite and chrysotile
- Identify where natural asbestos is found
- Watch a short overview of the use of asbestos through history.
- Establish the risks to, and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos
- Understand the basic structure of the respiratory system sufficiently to explain asbestos-related diseases
- Review common asbestos-related diseases
- Identify the latency period involved in asbestos-related diseases and the amount of exposure required to cause specific diseases
- Realise the increased risk of lung cancer from smoking when exposed to asbestos
- Explore how asbestos-related death rates have changed over time.
- Review the different types of asbestos-containing material and their associated risks
- Identify typical areas where ACMS can be found in residential and non-residential buildings and the types of ACMs used in these areas
- Examine the main uses of asbestos coating, insulation, asbestos insulating board, asbestos cement and other ACMs.
- Explore how friability impacts on the risk of fibre release from ACMs
- Establish what an asbestos register is and how it is used
- Identify the emergency procedures to be taken if ACMs are discovered or accidentally disturbed.
- Discover the origins of asbestos legislation and how it fits into the wider context of health and safety legislation
- Identify key elements of the regulations governing work with asbestos with particular reference to regulations 4, 5 and 6
- Understand how work with asbestos may be licensed: Notifiable non-licensed work, or non-licensed work
- Understand that asbestos awareness training does not prepare anyone for any type of work with asbestos.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £250 – £500.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.