E-Learning Course Content:
This e-learning course is aimed at providing awareness to anyone that is likely to carry out work that may disturb asbestos, and further than ensuring employers fulfil their legal obligations, its aim is to help protect employees from any potential harm from asbestos-related illness.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Training course contents:
Protect your employees from the dangers of asbestos
When materials that contain asbestos are disturbed or damaged, fibres are released into the air. These fibres can then be inhaled, which can cause serious diseases. Most usually, these diseases take a long time to develop and so the effects of asbestos are not immediately apparent.
Asbestos is known to kill thousands of people each year and although often considered a problem of the past, it is still a danger to people working in buildings that were built prior to the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 places a duty on employers to ensure that all members of staff have access to sufficient instruction, information and training before taking part in any work that may expose them to asbestos. Therefore, it is crucial that employees are provided with adequate training to help protect them from the dangers. It is also vital that employers understand and appreciate the risks.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that is likely to disturb asbestos as part of their usual workplace duties, or who needs to have an awareness of the dangers to their employees.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
- It’s an online e-learning course.
- Containing five interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
To put it simply, it’s important to protect employees from the dangers of asbestos-related illness. With this e-learning course:
- Explore the origins of asbestos, how it is produced and why it was used
- Identify the risks that asbestos poses to our health and the impact it can have on our body
- Establish where asbestos is commonly found in residential and commercial buildings, its uses and how to avoid disturbing it
- Understand how to avoid the risks of asbestos and what to do when you come into contact with it
- Explore the law surrounding asbestos use and the consequent duties related to the management and assessment of asbestos, including licenced asbestos use
- Review the physical properties of asbestos and why these were important to industry
- Understand the common names and characteristics of crocidolite, grunerite and chrysotile
- Identify where natural asbestos is found
- Watch a short overview of the use of asbestos through history.
- Establish the risks to, and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos
- Understand the basic structure of the respiratory system sufficiently to explain asbestos-related diseases
- Review common asbestos-related diseases
- Identify the latency period involved in asbestos-related diseases and the amount of exposure required to cause specific diseases
- Realise the increased risk of lung cancer from smoking when exposed to asbestos
- Explore how asbestos-related death rates have changed over time.
- Review the different types of asbestos-containing material and their associated risks
- Identify typical areas where ACMS can be found in residential and non-residential buildings and the types of ACMs used in these areas
- Examine the main uses of asbestos coating, insulation, asbestos insulating board, asbestos cement and other ACMs.
- Explore how friability impacts on the risk of fibre release from ACMs
- Establish what an asbestos register is and how it is used
- Identify the emergency procedures to be taken if ACMs are discovered or accidentally disturbed.
- Discover the origins of asbestos legislation and how it fits into the wider context of health and safety legislation
- Identify key elements of the regulations governing work with asbestos with particular reference to regulations 4, 5 and 6
- Understand how work with asbestos may be licensed: Notifiable non-licensed work, or non-licensed work
- Understand that asbestos awareness training does not prepare anyone for any type of work with asbestos.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.