These training packs come as videos and accompanying workbook that demonstrate key learning topics. The video demonstrates a key part of the learning, with the workbook expanding on the information and providing further development. The workbook also includes activities to help embed the learning and together with the video will give learners a rounded understanding with prompts to apply what they have learned.
Our training videos and workbooks are multi-purpose and can be used in a variety of useful ways.
- Use the video to support classrooom training and emphasise key information – use the workbook as an option to embed the learning
- Provide pre-course work, using the video and workbook to engage learners and provoke discussion
- Provide post-course work, using the video and workbook to embed developmental information from classroom training
- Introduce bitesize classroom learning – keeping training time to a minimum and getting across key points
- A simple method of developing your team, with full supporting information and accompanying video to help you
- Add short learning sessions to team meetings using videos and workbooks for group development
- Develop your own skills, using the videos and supporting workbooks to self-learn
- Develop key skills, using the videos and workbooks to self-learn and set workplace actions
Set within our Leadership and Management range, this video and accompanying workbook focus on the topic of Becoming a Leader.
“Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” is a quote from Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night. You could also say the same about leaders and leadership. Most people, however, transition into a leadership role, and when they do, they can find their new role a little daunting.
The video covers Transformational Leadership in full and explains how it can be used to become a more effective leader. Watch the complete video below…
The 25 page workbook introduces some of the thinking about leadership roles today and explores the main theories and styles of leadership. Learners will also look at times where different approaches to leadership may be more effective.
The main purpose of the workbook is to give learners the opportunity to look at leadership and leadership styles so that they can begin thinking about what sort of leader they’ll become.
The images below show some sample pages of the workbook. Click on the images to make them full screen.
Leading and managing – Understanding what a leader is and what it means to us
Manager or leader? – An activity that helps to establish the main differences in the roles
Leadership task – Helping to identify the key aspects of leadership and how it is best deomonstrated
The need for effective leaders – Identifying the importance of leadership and how this can be a skill in short supply
Leadership theories and styles – Looking at four key theories on leadership and how they are applied (trait, behavioural, contingency, power and influence)
Transformational leadership – An introduction to the transformational leadership approach
The four ‘I’s of leadership – A review of the different aspects of transofrmational leadership, including a task that explores examples
Four elements of transformational leadership – Understanding the elements and what they mean
The leadership mix – A task that helps the learner explore where they fit into the leadership theories and styles
Choosing the best leadership approach – Identifying when and how to use each approach in the right way
Six leadership mistakes – Reviewing the common mistakes leaders make
As a leader, ‘I will…’ ‘I won’t…’ – Defining the guidelines and principles that the learner wants to follow as a new leader
Use what you’ve learnt – An exercise that encourages the practical application of what has been learned throughout the workbook and video
Takeaways – Key data from the learning in one simple page
Further reading – A list of alternative sources of information that build on the learning
What will I receive?
- A ‘white label’ version of the video shown above, with no watermark
- A 25 page workbook
These videos and accompanying training workbooks have been designed to be multi-purpose and can be used in a range of scenarios.