This highly interactive and engaging e-learning course focuses on the topic of Breaking a Deadlock.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us, and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Breaking a Deadlock
Know what to do when agreement can’t be reached
Sometimes people disagree, it’s a fact of life. But what do you do when you’re trying to resolve an issue within your team, or you’re negotiating a vital business deal and you hit a point where you just don’t seem to be able to reach agreement?
A deadlock occurs when people disagree on something, won’t back down from their respective positions, and can’t find a way to progress.
The common factor with all deadlocks is that people often lose sight of what’s important as they defend their position and resist change. Each person believes their position is the correct one and won’t back down.
This e-learning course aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge to help break a deadlock and improve communication between people when they reach a point where agreement seems impossible.
Although predominantly aimed at managers, this course would suit anybody, as we all need to break deadlocks occasionally in our day to day roles. This may include:
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Team Workers
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing one interactive module
- Includes ‘Want to try it?’ downloads
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going practice as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, this course is aimed at resolving stand-offs and disagreements where a solution seems impossible. With this e-learning course:
- Manage disagreements and help find solutions
- Follow clear models and techniques for breaking deadlocks
- Develop different approaches to breaking a deadlock
- Know how to collaborate with both sides to reach positive conclusions
- Find alternatives and make a change when needed
- Understand what we mean by deadlocks and reaching agreement
- Identify how and why deadlocks occur
- Appreciate that you must examine the assumptions, interests and information people use to arrive at their opinions in order to break a deadlock
- Find solutions that are acceptable to both sides
- Use specific tools and techniques to establish the best method of finding a solution
- Establish what to do when you are one of the people stuck in a deadlock
- Identify four approaches to breaking a deadlock – Accommodating, Avoiding, Collaborating, Compromising and the best time to use them
- Determine your skills level for breaking a deadlock
- Use downloadable tools to try out your skills and develop your technique
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.