These Business Etiquette training course materials have been developed to help ensure the people in your organisation are aware of the importance of meeting common workplace standards. Participants may not be aware how certain behaviours affect others within the organisation, and indeed how that affects the business as a whole. Alternatively, it might be that your people need to have honest conversations with each other to ensure they work together collaboratively.
The session will help your learners build self-awareness and will highlight the important parts of business etiquette and why it’s such an important topic.
Training course contents:
As our day to day roles move from the static office based 9-5 jobs to more flexible and remote working practices, it is becoming more important that we focus on modern business etiquette to ensure success. Whether it is in person or over email and telephone, it is worth thinking about our social impact and behaviours on others to ensure we work collaboratively and effectively.
These training course materials have been designed to help your participants think about how they can successfully build professional relationships in whatever environment they work in. Participants are encouraged to think about how they already come across, as well as how they can give feedback to others who perhaps might need some extra support.
Why is running this building better work habits course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Understand that business etiquette isn’t a fluffy “nice to have” but an integral part of your organisation
- Think about what the impact the words they use have – both face to face and over email
- Combat business jargon to help keep communication clear and simple
- Experience the power of listening, and understand that multi-tasking is a myth
- Explore their own personal impact, and work to be present in all interactions
- Demonstrate effective meeting management to optimise time and resources
- Understand how to support others who, perhaps, may struggle with business etiquette
Ultimately these training course materials allow you to nurture a workforce that is better able to work smarter and accomplish both personal and company objectives in an efficient and collaborative way.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
The main content of the training course materials…
What Exactly IS Business Etiquette? – A chance to explore what business etiquette means, as well as understand the importance of it in our organisations
Impact of the Words We Use – We will explore how our intention can be very different to how a recipient interprets what we say or write
Email Etiquette – How we can use email in a smarter way, whilst avoiding the dreaded business jargon we all use in our organisations
The Power of Listening – A look at why we listen, and how impactful empathetic listening really is
Exploring our Personal Impact – An exploration of Patsy Rodenburg’s “circles of energy”, which is linked to our own personal resilience to ensure we achieve the personal impact we want
Effective Meeting Management – A chance to analyse how much time we spend in meetings, how useful that time is and how we can work smarter to ensure time and resources are well spent
Supporting Business Etiquette in Others – Sometimes, others might be unaware of the impact they have on others through poor business etiquette. This section will look at why this might be, and how we can feedback to these individuals in a supportive way
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this course is designed to be interactive and engaging.
At the end of this Business Etiquette Training Course, your participants will be able to:
- Identify what we mean by business etiquette, and understand why it is important in a business setting
- Explore email etiquette, and how we can get the best out of writing more simply without the use of business jargon
- Experience the importance of listening, and understand the effect of being distracted in the company of others
- Explore effective meeting management, to ensure you use your time productively
- Understand what might get in the way of other people’s business etiquette, and plan how we may support them in the future