Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
Coaching is a critical tool for workplace development and is used throughout the most successful organisations worldwide.
The Coaching Essentials Virtual Training Course Materials provide a solid grounding in the key requirements of coaching and will help provide future coaches with the core skills they need to become effective in this role. It covers best practice and delivers the main tools required by coaches whether they are managers and leaders taking on coaching tasks or somebody with the specific role of coach.
This virtual coaching course is suitable for anyone that is required to coach.
Training course contents:
Develop your coaching skills with our ‘Coaching Essentials’ Virtual Training Course Materials
Coaching plays a huge role in people development and the value of the support coaches provide at work should not be underestimated. In order to become effective at coaching, it’s important that coaches follow a core set of principles. By doing so, they can ensure they become adept at providing constructive development for those they work with and consequently help grow their skills.
These virtual training course materials will provide your participants with a set of tools and techniques that they can use to produce effective coaching sessions. They’ll be given information on best practice and learn to use these skills to get the bet out of those around them. This knowledge will help them support the people they work with and ensure they create effective action plans for development.
Why is running this coaching essentials virtual course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Engage, motivate and encourage the people they coach and achieve results.
- Develop plans that remove obstacles to coaching and help create development action plans.
- Communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships.
- Develop questioning and listening techniques to get the best out of others.
- Create an effective approach to coaching that works every time.
- Focus on core objectives and actionable results.
Ultimately these virtual training course materials allow you to nurture a coaching team that is better able to effectively coach those around them, ensuring all employees develop and consequently assist the organisation in meeting its business goals.
Why use virtual training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
These Coaching Essentials virtual training course materials have been designed to provide your participants with a core understanding of the methodology behind coaching and the ability to adapt their skills to suit the people they are coaching. They will be encouraged to use influencing techniques to encourage people towards set goals that benefit the individual and the organisation.
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
Understanding employee support and development – Identifying what support people need and why they need it and knowing when to use the best support for the situation.
Understanding coaching – Looking at definitions of coaching and establishing what the important skills of an effective coach are. Knowing why coaching should be used and the best time to apply it.
Bringing about change – A focus on ‘Hargroves – Masterful Coaching’ to understand the different levels of change and how it applies to personal development. A review of incremental, fundamental and transformational coaching and how it might be used.
Coaching competencies – What skills are required to be an effective coach? How would you use them and ensure you were getting the most out of your efforts? The key behaviours you should introduce to your approach.
Roles and responsibilities – Understanding who does what during a coaching session and ensuring there are clearly defined roles.
How adults learn – Describing adult learning, using Malcolm Knowles ‘characteristics of adult learners’. Applying the concepts to coaching and understanding how to get the best out of people while coaching them.
The stages of learning – Exploring the stages of learning (unconscious incompetence, conscious incompetence, conscious competence and unconscious competence), which help to identify where you are in the development process during coaching.
Learning styles – Taking a questionnaire to establish preferences for learning that you may have and appreciating that clients will have different preferences for learning, which could change at different times. Being able to adapt your behaviours and style to suit these needs.
Motivation – Watching a TED Talks video, which helps define motivation and how people are motivated. Then reviewing this learning and applying it to a specific case study.
Questioning techniques – Adapting communication and managing coaching conversations through a good use pf questioning techniques.
Active listening – Reviewing what active listening means and learning to apply this approach to conversations. Followed with an activity that explores the concept in detail.
Giving feedback – Exploring how feedback works, the different way it is given and the best methods and approaches.
The GROW model – Understanding this well-known and important coaching model in order to use it in practice.
The Benning model – Using the Benning model as a structure for coaching conversations and then preparing a coaching conversation for later review and practice.
Coaching practice session – Putting all the learning together with the opportunity to review specific skills and techniques.
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this session is interactive and engaging and contains many activities and exercises that inspire the participants and helps embed their learning.
At the end of this coaching essentials virtual training course, your participants will be able to:
- Identify development needs and implement appropriate solutions
- Establish how people learn and what this means when coaching
- Recognise and remove the obstacles to successful coaching
- Use a model to plan, prepare, and structure a coaching session
- Give feedback for performance improvement