Coaching has become a key skill in the modern workplace and its use has become widespread. Used by managers, leaders or even in a role specifically dedicated to the task, coaches have become one of the foundations of any successful business.
These training course materials focus on the essential elements of coaching and will give participants a strong grounding in the best practice requirements of coaching and ensure they are capable at applying this critical development intervention. The materials are required training for anyone involved in the coaching process.
Training course contents:
Increase coaching performance and get results with our ‘Coaching Essentials’ Training Course Materials
Over the years, coaching has become an increasingly popular tool for supporting employee development. Although coaching is now widespread among employers, there are continuing issues about how best to manage and deliver coaching arrangements in an organisational setting.
These course materials will help you address this concern, by providing all of the essential elements required to give participants a strong grounding in the core requirements of coaching. It provides advice on best practice in the coaching world, looking at the methods used to get the best out of those being coached and how to ensure they are challenged and set action-focused goals.
Why is running this coaching essentials course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Inspire the people they coach, bringing out the best in each and every individual.
- Overcome obstructions to coaching and help set goals that improve workplace skills.
- Create a positive work environment through proactive discussions.
- Improve their questioning and listening skills to make coaching conversations effective.
- Simply apply core coaching skills, for overall organisational success.
- Keep their discussions focused on clear outcomes and key workplace actions.
Ultimately these training course materials allow you to nurture a coaching team that is better able to effectively coach those around them, ensuring all employees develop and consequently assist the organisation in meeting its business goals.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
These Coaching Essentials training course materials will help develop your participants coaching skills and ensure they understand how people learn and how this should influence the way they coach them. They’ll learn what it takes to be a successful coach and how best to ensure the people they coach create meaningful development actions that get results.
The main content of the training course materials…
Icebreaker – A short introduction activity that helps participants identify and establish what they want to get out of the training course.
Understanding employee support and development – Identifying the different developmental support available to employees and establishing when best to use each type.
Understanding coaching – Define what coaching is, when and why it should be used and the core skills of an effective coach.
Bringing about change – An identification of the different levels of change using ‘Hargroves – Masterful Coaching’, what this means during personal development and how to implement; incremental, fundamental and transformational coaching.
Coaching competencies – Recognising the competencies required for effective coaching, what the observable behaviours are and how to apply them.
Roles and responsibilities – Establishing the roles and responsibilities of both the coach and the client during the coaching process.
How adults learn – Using Malcolm Knowles ‘characteristics of adult learners’ to describe the four principles of adult learning and then reviewing how to apply this knowledge to coaching.
The stages of learning – Describing the stages of learning (unconscious incompetence, conscious incompetence, conscious competence and unconscious competence) and using it to impact coaching sessions.
Learning styles – Identifying the different learning styles and adapting their own style to meet the needs of the client. Includes a learning style questionnaire to identify their own style.
Motivation – Describe what motivates individuals and how to find solutions to lack of motivation (includes TED talks video clip). Case study to apply learning.
Questioning techniques – How to use different types of questions to get the best out of the coaching session.
Active listening – Identifying active listening skills and then applying and demonstrating this learning through an active listening activity.
Giving feedback – Understand the different feedback types and how to give effective feedback.
The GROW model – Review this popular coaching model in preparation for applying it to their own coaching session.
The Benning model – Describe the stages of the coaching conversation using the Benning model in preparation for applying it to their own coaching session.
Coaching practice session – A chance to apply the learning from the training course with full observation and review.
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this session is interactive and engaging and contains many activities and exercises that inspire the participants and helps embed their learning.
At the end of this coaching essentials training course, your participants will be able to:
- Identify development needs and implement appropriate solutions
- Establish how people learn and what this means when coaching
- Recognise and remove the obstacles to successful coaching
- Use a model to plan, prepare, and structure a coaching session
- Give feedback for performance improvement