These training packs come as video/s and accompanying editable workbook that demonstrate key learning topics. The video demonstrates a key part of the learning, with the workbook expanding on the information and providing further development. The workbook also includes activities to help embed the learning and together with the video will give learners a rounded understanding with prompts to apply what they have learned.
Our training videos and workbooks are multi-purpose and can be used in a variety of useful ways.
- Use the video to support classroom training and emphasise key information – use the workbook as an option to embed the learning
- Provide pre-course work, using the video and workbook to engage learners and provoke discussion
- Provide post-course work, using the video and workbook to embed developmental information from classroom training
- Introduce bitesize classroom learning – keeping training time to a minimum and getting across key points
- A simple method of developing your team, with full supporting information and accompanying video to help you
- Add short learning sessions to team meetings using videos and workbooks for group development
- Develop your own skills, using the videos and supporting workbooks to self-learn
- Develop key skills, using the videos and workbooks to self-learn and set workplace actions
Video and Workbook Content:
Set within our Leadership and Management range, this video and accompanying workbook focus on the topic of Coaching Skills.
The power of coaching has been recognised in many areas for many years. Effective managers and leaders regard coaching skills as vital to their personal effectiveness.
The video covers the GROW Model in full and explains how it can be applied to coaching. Watch the complete video below…
In the 27 page fully editable workbook, learners will use the GROW coaching model to help build a greater understanding of how coaching models are used and how they can help them develop their team members. It also looks at other coaching models to see what they have in common, so that learners can develop a model that suits them.
A coaching model is the underlying structure that can be used when coaching someone. The workbook also explores some of the key coaching skills, such as; asking the right questions and how to listen effectively.
Samples of the workbook
Please click on image for larger view…
The GROW coaching model – A prompt to watch the video with an overview of the key elements of the GROW Model.
Task – An exercise that walks the learner through the GROW Model step by step using a series of questions at each stage of the model. This is an in-depth review of the process from start to finish.
Coaching models – An overview of alternative coaching models, with an explanation of what they all have in common.
Question types and techniques – Understanding the importance of questions in coaching and how this should be approached – covering; Probing questions, Funnelling, The 5 Whys, Leading or ‘loaded’ questions (how to avoid) and the use of silence to elicit feedback.
Task – An exercise that practices the different types of probing questions
Listening skills – How to demonstrate that you are listening, responding appropriately and encouraging the best from coaching conversations.
Emotional intelligence – Using this awareness to ensure our behaviour positively affects the people we are coaching. Being aware of our behaviour and the people we are coaching
What good coaches do – Examples of the skills of good coaches and what should be avoided. Identifying the role of facilitator over expert when coaching
Use what you’ve learnt – An exercise that encourages the practical application of what has been learned throughout the workbook and video
Takeaways – Key data from the learning in one simple page
Further reading – A list of alternative sources of information that build on the learning
What will I receive?
- A ‘white label’ version of the video shown above, with no watermark
- A 27 page workbook
These videos and accompanying training workbooks have been designed to be multi-purpose and can be used in a range of scenarios.