These Competition Law e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
When businesses compete, consumers get better service at a better price. The goal of competition law, therefore, is to protect consumers by making sure businesses are competing with each other.
Competition law is broken when parties remove the element of uncertainty, which should normally exist between competitors, and replace it with certainty.
Competition law is concerned with two main areas:
- anti-competitive agreements
- the abuse of a dominant position.
Where it is deemed that competition law has been breached, individuals involved can be disqualified from being a director, fined, and/or sent to jail. Aside from this, a firm can be fined up to 10% of its worldwide turnover. So, the importance of making employees aware of this law cannot be overstated.
This e-learning aims to raise awareness of competition law, providing guidance and information that will help ensure your organisation and employees avoid the potential pitfalls of anti-competitive practices.
This e-learning course is great awareness training and would therefore suit all employees within your organisation. However, it also provides a deeper understanding of competition law and so would provide effective development for more senior members of the business.
- All employees
- Team leaders
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Includes seven learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending video, text, graphics and images
- Test yourself against a collection of case studies
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
This e-learning course will help your employees learn why competition law exists, how it is interpreted and works in the real world and what the impact can be on companies that do not comply with the law. With this course:
- Understand competition law and the potential sanctions imposed
- Explore anti-competitive agreements and how the Competition and Markets Authority targets law breakers
- Explore how a company can exploit its dominant position in the market
- Identify how anti-competitive behaviours with competitors can cause anti-competition law issues
- Explore other aspects of anti-competitive behaviour in detail
- Test competition law knowledge against a set of defined case studies
- Review a real-life case study example from start to finish
- Review the purpose of competition law
- Identify the two main areas of competition law
- Understand some of the sanctions imposed on those breaking competition law
- Read how one party that has broken the law might receive more favourable treatment.
- Establish what an agreement is
- Review examples of behaviours which would confirm an agreement
- Identify how the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) measures an effect on competition
- Explore which behaviours the CMA targets.
- Understand what a dominant company is
- Establish how competition authorities define dominance
- Explore how a legitimate action for one company could raise concerns if a company is dominant
- Review examples of how companies can abuse their dominant position.
- Explore how information exchanges and trade associations can cause potential competition law issues
- Understand how dishonesty is defined within a cartel offense
- List and appreciate each of the cartel offences.
Review and understand:
- resale price maintenance
- abusive pricing
- rebate and resale restrictions
- non-compete obligations
- why it can be illegal to refuse to offer products
- how language can be misinterpreted
- good practice with respect to written communications.
By the end of this module the learner will have had an opportunity to test themselves on some of what they’ve learnt via a series of case studies and examples.
By the end of this module the learner will have seen a real-life example of how an information exchange led to cartel activities including: price fixing, market sharing and bid rigging.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.