This Confined Spaces e-learning course is aimed at those people who need to be aware of the health and safety dangers of working in confined spaces and to comply with the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Ensure your employees are kept safe when working in confined spaces
A confined space is a space which is substantially enclosed with one or more of the ‘specified risks’ present or reasonably foreseeable. Some confined spaces are easy to identify, others are less obvious. If you, or someone that works for you works in this kind of environment, it is important that you have the relevant training.
In this e-learning course, learners will identify what constitutes a confined space, the dangers associated with working in them, and also the special precautions that need to be taken if working in a confined space can’t be avoided. There is also an opportunity to assess the risks and follow safe systems of work, including a checklist to ensure clear procedures are followed.
This e-learning course is an entry level awareness course, which aims to ensure that employers and employees have a clear understanding of what is expected of them from a health and safety perspective when working in confined spaces is required. It’s possible that you may need additional training to ensure you are competent in your specific workplace.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that either manages workers that are required to work in confined spaces, or for the workers themselves.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing three interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions, downloads and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, people that work in confined spaces need to be protected and made aware of the inherent dangers. With this e-learning course:
- Explain what a confined space is and what the potential risks are
- State the law surrounding confined spaces and why it was implemented
- Describe the specified risks that make a space confined
- Specify the hazards associated with confined spaces and what can be done to avoid them
- Implement a risk assessment for confined space working
- Follow a clear the checklist when working in a confined space
- Describe safe systems of work
- Determine clear emergency procedures
- Review a case study that sets the tone and importance of the topic
- Establish what constitutes a confined space
- Identify how spaces can become confined and the types of changes that can cause this
- Examine the relationship between the ACOP and the law.
- Explore examples of the specified risks (which make a space a confined one)
- Explain how oxygen can become depleted in a confined space
- Review three common dangerous gases and explain why they are dangerous
- Identify common confined space hazards
- Understand why hazards which are not specific to confined spaces are also important to assess.
- Review examples of how working in a confined space can be avoided
- Examine under what condition is working in a confined space not permitted (i.e., when it can be avoided)
- Explore the qualities of the person who can carry out a risk assessment
- Establish the main areas covered in a risk assessment
- Understand what is meant by a safe system of work
- Explain the main elements of a safe system of work
- Identify important aspects of an emergency procedure plan.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.