E-Learning Course Content:
This Confined Spaces e-learning course is aimed at those people who need to be aware of the health and safety dangers of working in confined spaces and to comply with the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Ensure your employees are kept safe when working in confined spaces
A confined space is a space which is substantially enclosed with one or more of the ‘specified risks’ present or reasonably foreseeable. Some confined spaces are easy to identify, others are less obvious. If you, or someone that works for you works in this kind of environment, it is important that you have the relevant training.
In this e-learning course, learners will identify what constitutes a confined space, the dangers associated with working in them, and also the special precautions that need to be taken if working in a confined space can’t be avoided. There is also an opportunity to assess the risks and follow safe systems of work, including a checklist to ensure clear procedures are followed.
This e-learning course is an entry level awareness course, which aims to ensure that employers and employees have a clear understanding of what is expected of them from a health and safety perspective when working in confined spaces is required. It’s possible that you may need additional training to ensure you are competent in your specific workplace.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that either manages workers that are required to work in confined spaces, or for the workers themselves.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing three interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions, downloads and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, people that work in confined spaces need to be protected and made aware of the inherent dangers. With this e-learning course:
- Explain what a confined space is and what the potential risks are
- State the law surrounding confined spaces and why it was implemented
- Describe the specified risks that make a space confined
- Specify the hazards associated with confined spaces and what can be done to avoid them
- Implement a risk assessment for confined space working
- Follow a clear the checklist when working in a confined space
- Describe safe systems of work
- Determine clear emergency procedures
- Review a case study that sets the tone and importance of the topic
- Establish what constitutes a confined space
- Identify how spaces can become confined and the types of changes that can cause this
- Examine the relationship between the ACOP and the law.
- Explore examples of the specified risks (which make a space a confined one)
- Explain how oxygen can become depleted in a confined space
- Review three common dangerous gases and explain why they are dangerous
- Identify common confined space hazards
- Understand why hazards which are not specific to confined spaces are also important to assess.
- Review examples of how working in a confined space can be avoided
- Examine under what condition is working in a confined space not permitted (i.e., when it can be avoided)
- Explore the qualities of the person who can carry out a risk assessment
- Establish the main areas covered in a risk assessment
- Understand what is meant by a safe system of work
- Explain the main elements of a safe system of work
- Identify important aspects of an emergency procedure plan.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.