These Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide information, instruction and training about the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 as amended).
COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations have been in place for more than 25 years, and the scientific evidence suggests that over this time industry has, in general, been consistently reducing exposure to hazardous substances.
In this COSHH e-learning course your learners will gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure they can act safely when working around hazardous substances. It provides a clear overview of the important elements of hazardous substances and gives learners all the information to help ensure the safety of themselves or anyone else who works with hazardous substances.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of COSHH.
- describe the different COSHH safety signs and what they mean
- explain the potential harm from hazardous substances and how they are preventable
- describe the responsibilities relating to COSHH for both the employer and employee
- explain the general rules for working with hazardous substance and the personal equipment that can protect you
- understand the importance of COSHH in ensuring health and safety measures are taken
This COSHH e-learning course is essential health and safety training. It’s particularly appropriate for people new to an organisation or for use as a refresher for existing employees.
While some professions may be more at risk from incidents with hazardous substances, the truth is everyone in all types of roles have a part to play in ensuring COSHH practices are a normal part of day to day work. Health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within an organisation.
In order for employees and companies to be protected, we recommend this COSHH e-learning becomes a part of each employee’s induction.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, images and case studies
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
The reasons to create a safe working environment where COSHH is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of hazardous substance safety to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course:
- Learn to appreciate why COSHH is important and how issues with health can be avoided
- Understand the COSHH hazard signs and what they mean
- Be able to explain the responsibilities of employers and employees regarding COSHH
- Be able to explain the general rules for handling hazardous materials
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
- describe the range of substances that COSHH covers
- identify the new COSHH hazard symbols and explain what they represent
- explain why harm from hazardous substances is often preventable
- explain their employer’s responsibility in terms of health and safety and COSHH
- describe their responsibility in terms of health and safety and COSHH.
- explain how we can be exposed to substance hazardous to health
- describe good COSHH working practices e.g. reading labels before using products
- describe the labels and information which must be available for hazardous substances
- explain general rules for handling hazardous substances
- explain when PPE should be used.
- see how important COSHH is through a real-life example which demonstrates how practices, which were acceptable in the past, have had a detrimental impact on the person’s health and quality of life.
- understand that the COSHH regulations help protect people in the workplace.
- understand that employees have a role to play in their own health and safety.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £250 – £500.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.