These Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training Provider? Ask about our reseller process.
Training course contents:
What’s the course about?
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide information, instruction and training about the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 as amended).
COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations have been in place for more than 25 years, and the scientific evidence suggests that over this time industry has, in general, been consistently reducing exposure to hazardous substances.
In this COSHH e-learning course your learners will gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure they can act safely when working around hazardous substances. It provides a clear overview of the important elements of hazardous substances and gives learners all the information to help ensure the safety of themselves or anyone else who works with hazardous substances.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of COSHH.
Why use this course?
- describe the different COSHH safety signs and what they mean
- explain the potential harm from hazardous substances and how they are preventable
- describe the responsibilities relating to COSHH for both the employer and employee
- explain the general rules for working with hazardous substance and the personal equipment that can protect you
- understand the importance of COSHH in ensuring health and safety measures are taken
Who is it for?
This COSHH e-learning course is essential health and safety training. It’s particularly appropriate for people new to an organisation or for use as a refresher for existing employees.
While some professions may be more at risk from incidents with hazardous substances, the truth is everyone in all types of roles have a part to play in ensuring COSHH practices are a normal part of day to day work. Health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within an organisation.
In order for employees and companies to be protected, we recommend this COSHH e-learning becomes a part of each employee’s induction.
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, images and case studies
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Introduction to COSHH
- describe the range of substances that COSHH covers
- identify the new COSHH hazard symbols and explain what they represent
- explain why harm from hazardous substances is often preventable
- explain their employer’s responsibility in terms of health and safety and COSHH
- describe their responsibility in terms of health and safety and COSHH.
Module 2 – Working with substances hazardous to health
- explain how we can be exposed to substance hazardous to health
- describe good COSHH working practices e.g. reading labels before using products
- describe the labels and information which must be available for hazardous substances
- explain general rules for handling hazardous substances
- explain when PPE should be used.
Module 3 – Case study
- see how important COSHH is through a real-life example which demonstrates how practices, which were acceptable in the past, have had a detrimental impact on the person’s health and quality of life.
- understand that the COSHH regulations help protect people in the workplace.
- understand that employees have a role to play in their own health and safety.
Module 4 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring.
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
The reasons to create a safe working environment where COSHH is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of hazardous substance safety to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course:
- Learn to appreciate why COSHH is important and how issues with health can be avoided
- Understand the COSHH hazard signs and what they mean
- Be able to explain the responsibilities of employers and employees regarding COSHH
- Be able to explain the general rules for handling hazardous materials
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.