This Criminal Finances Act 2017 e-learning course helps to highlight the responsibilities that organisations and the people within it have under the law.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Criminal Finances Act 2017
The Criminal Finances Act is part of the UK government’s strategic approach to reducing financial crime. It targets corruption, money laundering and tax evasion, and also aims to recoup more criminal assets by making it easier to seize funds obtained through criminal means.
The Act places further responsibilities on senior members of an organisation who can be held to account for ‘failing to prevent’ the offences.
An offence is committed if a firm (known as the relevant body) fails to prevent someone who is acting on their behalf or for them, knowingly facilitates tax evasion, either in the UK or in a foreign country.
In simple terms, this means that every employer has an obligation to actively discourage their employees assisting customers evade tax.
This course is suitable for organisations that need to help ensure employees are discouraged from helping customers evade tax and commit financial crime. This could include the following audience:
- Counter Staff
- Bank or Credit Workers
- Retail Assistants
- Call Handlers
- Sales Representatives
- Business Development Managers
- General Employees
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing four interactive modules
- Includes relevant hints, tips and resources
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, this course will provide your learners with the opportunity to fully understand the Criminal Finances Act 2017:
- Understand the strict laws applied to potential financial crime
- Help ensure your organisation does not fail measures to prevent financial crime and tax evasion
- Follow HMRC guidance on financial laws and potential offences under the Act
- Establish risk assessment measures and preventive procedures
- Explore specific changes that the Criminal Finances Act 2017 adds to our legal system
- Establish the weaknesses in the financial system which led to the new legislation
- Review the failing to prevent tax evasion offences
- Identify what ‘fail to prevent’ means in this context
- Explore what a statutory defence is.
- Determine what an ‘associated person’ is.
- Identify who the new tax offences are aimed at
- Understand how the UK tax offence works and who is implicated
- Explore how the foreign tax offence works and who is implicated.
- Explore the principles behind HMRC’s guidance on managing corporate tax offences risk
- Establish the importance of risk assessment and proportionality with relation to the two new offences
- Understand how identifying risk can help to inform proportionate prevention measures.
- Describe the changes that have been brought in to help fight financial crime
- Explain the changes within the SARs regimes
- List new items which can be recovered as proceeds of crime.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.