Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
Crisis management is the process of identifying potential threats to an organisation, its stakeholders and its customers. It provides the structure for managing a crisis effectively, so that an organisation can limit the damage imposed on its business and set in place key actions that will help it come out of the crisis when things return to normal.
These crisis management virtual training course materials have been developed to help people who deal with a crisis to get measures in place that help mitigate the predicament, to know what to do when the crisis occurs and to understand what they must implement after the event.
Training course contents:
Crisis management virtual training course materials – Help develop your approach to disaster.
A crisis can occur at any time and the impact can be devastating on an organisation and those that work for it. Typically, something is considered a crisis for an organisation when something occurs that causes damage to the businesses ability to operate, a person or property is harmed or something happens that reflects badly on the organisation. A good crisis management process can help reduce the impact of these activities, or even stop them happening in the first place. Certainly, it will assist in ensuring that any crisis is prepared for and the impact reduced.
Why is running this crisis management virtual training course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Establish the risks to your organisation.
- Plan for potential issues and avoid where possible.
- Have a structured and defined plan for dealing with crisis when it happens.
- Develop a strong awareness of the impact of crisis when it occurs.
- Create an effective communication strategy that limits the impact of a crisis.
- Manage the relationship with customers and the media effectively.
Ultimately these crisis management virtual training course materials allow you to develop procedures and plans that leave your organisation better able to cope with crisis and potentially avoid them all together.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
These crisis management virtual training course materials have been developed to help you define your approach to a crisis and to know what to do when one happens. The plan is to ensure there is understanding of what to do before, during and after a crisis.
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
Types of Crisis – An examination of the types of crisis that can befall an organisation with an activity that begins to identify the crisis that could be specific to the participant’s organisation. This is an excellent starting point to help participants understand the potential for crisis within their organisation and what vulnerabilities there are.
Stakeholder Identification & Analysis – Crisis management is all about keeping stakeholders informed and engaged while mitigating the impact of the crisis on them. This session helps identify who the stakeholders are, how they need to be kept informed during a crisis and mapping the relationship.
Crisis Prevention – The best way to manage a crisis is to avoid it altogether. This section covers the different audit reviews an organisation should make. It also provides a structured audit review checklist document and allows the participants to practice its use. Where an audit review document already exists, the participants will be encouraged to review their own version.
Crisis Planning – Participants are provided with a structured list of the contents of a full crisis planning document, which explains each requirement, what should be included and why. They are also tested on this knowledge through key questions aimed at their understanding.
Crisis Strategy Checklist – A chance to review and understand the main document for checking how prepared you are for a crisis.
Crisis Response – Planning your response to a crisis and how you will react. By having a good strategy for responding to an event, there is less likelihood for panic and mistakes.
Demonstrating Credibility – Having a clear plan for presenting yourself when a crisis hits.
Dealing with the Media – Knowing what to do and say concerning the media and looking at options for avoiding this approach.
Internal Communication – Keeping your employees informed of what is going on is often overlooked, but actually plays a very important role in how a crisis is managed. This section will explain how best to approach speaking to your staff.
Creating a Crisis Message – A full structure of the key communication elements that should make up your crisis message. Developing your own message and assessing the benefits and weaknesses.
Module Three (divided by break or can be split into two modules)
Crisis Recovery – The period after a crisis can often be the most important. Here we’ll look at the steps you can take to review a crisis and understand what went well and what should be worked on. A crisis review document is provided at this stage and participants get to explore this in depth.
Online Reputation Management – Social media and the internet can have a massive influence on the image of an organisation during a crisis. This section will allow you to examine how to manage online threats to your reputation.
Crisis Practice – Case Study – A full review of a real case study that will allow participants to plan and construct their own approach to a crisis. They can test their skills and apply what they have learnt.
As with all Trainer Bubble products, this training course is interactive and full of relevant activities.
At the end of this crisis management virtual training course, your participants will be able to:
- Plan, anticipate and avoid crisis where possible
- Manage the reputation of your organisation when crisis occurs
- Respond appropriately to crisis
- Address issues of online reputation
- Develop tools that will help support your crisis management plan