Don’t have time to deliver a full days training or wider programme? These 1 Hour Training Bubbles have been developed for the busy trainer or line manager that wants to get a message across, but needs to reduce the impact to working operations.
Developed for use in meetings or as part of stand-alone training session. These short, succinct 1 Hour Training Bubbles enable you to deliver effective training sessions that get the key message across and retain participant involvement.
Although the design of these materials deviates slightly from our usual style, the content is presented in such a way that anyone can deliver the training sessions. The training materials are clear, precise and to the point. They also include a special handout for participants to take away key information.
As usual, they are presented in Word and PowerPoint format, so they can be fully altered and edited to suit your individual needs.
Training course contents:
Each pack contains: Session Notes, Handout and Slides.
All the training course materials necessary to run your own, ‘Cross Cultural Communication’ 1 hour training course:
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
As businesses expand in an ever increasing global market place, so our communication skills must expand and improve. Cross-cultural communication is vital for any business that has a diverse workforce, or wants to play a part in the global economy.
It is imperative to be aware of cultural differences, so that we don’t cause offence, and so that we can effectively communicate in situations where language or cultural differences might be a barrier.
Building skills such as active listening; empathy; having a positive attitude to communication and respectful responses will all help contact go smoothly and give results that are positive. Cross-cultural communication must involve an understanding of how people from different cultures communicate, speak and perceive the world around them.
The key aim of this one hour Cross Cultural Communication training course is to recognise the importance of improving our cross cultural communication and to learn some simple methods of doing this.
1. Identify the preparation stages to complete prior to successful communication
- Language, culture, time-zones, holidays and non-verbal communication
2. Recognise the positive impact of planning your message, clearly and with impact can have on your audience
- Prepare, plan, clear and concise, communicating with impact
3. Practice your message as practice make perfect!
- Practice enables us to triumph when the nerves set in
At this end of this 1 hour, ‘Cross Cultural Communication’ training course your participants will be able to:
- Identify the preparation to complete prior to the communication process
- Recognise the positive impact of planning your message, clearly and with impact
- Demonstrate your message through the key steps of practice make perfect