This Data Protection Act 2018 e-learning course explores both company requirements and employee conduct when using customer data, with the ultimate aim of ensuring companies protect their customers’ personal information.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Training course contents:
Data Protection Act 2018
Data protection is about making sure that personal data is handled lawfully and fairly. To help ensure that organisations protect the personal data of the individuals that they interact with, the UK government has implemented the Data Protection Act 2018. This means that all organisations have a legal obligation to ensure that key data protection principles are adhered to.
The DPA achieves this by setting down principles about how personal data can be handled (processed), and by giving individuals (data subjects) certain rights under the data protection legislation. Of course, it is the responsibility of organisations and the employees that work for them, to make sure these principles are adhered to, and that data is processed on a lawful basis.
In simple terms, this means that every employer has an obligation to actively promote the safe and responsible use of data within a business.
This Data Protection Act 2018 e-learning course aims to ensure that learners have a full understanding of the Act and their responsibilities under it.
This online training course is suitable for anyone that processes personal data. This could include:
- Counter Staff
- Call Handlers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Sales Representatives
- Business Development Managers
- General Employees
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing five interactive modules
- Includes relevant hints, tips and resources
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, this course will provide your learners with the opportunity to fully understand their responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 2018:
- Establish what personal data is
- Understand the importance of data protection for individuals
- Know how and why personal information should be processed
- Help ensure your organisation does not fall foul of data protection laws
- Understand the rights of individuals in relation to their personal data
- Establish your role in protecting personal data
- Establish the main facts about data protection.
- Explore examples of what can happen when personal data is improperly processed
- Define personal data
- Review what special categories of personal data are and give examples
- Identify extra conditions applied to processing special categories of personal data
- Understand what processing personal data means
- Establish the main groups and people involved in data protection.
- Identify the implications of a principles-based approach to data protection
- Explore what a lawful basis for processing data is with an example
- Review an example of data which is collected for a specific reason
- Review an example of data minimisation
- Review an example of data which might be inaccurate or out of date
- Recognise examples of measures that can be taken to keep data secure
- Establish what the accountability principle is and how it relates to the main data protection principles.
- Identify and review examples of the following data subject’s rights:
- to be informed about how their data will be processed
- to access which data is held and how it is processed
- to have incorrect data rectified
- to have processing restricted to storage or to have it erased
- to a human review of automated data processing applied to significant decisions.
- Define what personal data the organisation processes and what it is used for
- Identify what lawful base/basis are used for processing personal data
- Review what privacy notice(s) are used and where they can be found
- Examine how only the personal data which is needed is collected
- Understand how personal data is only kept for as long as it’s needed
- Evaluate how personal data is kept accurate and up to date
- Define how personal data is kept secure on and offsite to avoid a potential data breach
- Establish what provisions are made so that individuals’ personal data rights are upheld
- Identify who they should raise data protection issues with and understand their data protection responsibilities within the organisation.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.