These training packs come as videos and accompanying editable workbook that demonstrate key learning topics. The video demonstrates a key part of the learning, with the workbook expanding on the information and providing further development. The workbook also includes activities to help embed the learning and together with the video will give learners a rounded understanding with prompts to apply what they have learned.
Our training videos and workbooks are multi-purpose and can be used in a variety of useful ways.
- Use the video to support classroom training and emphasise key information – use the workbook as an option to embed the learning
- Provide pre-course work, using the video and workbook to engage learners and provoke discussion
- Provide post-course work, using the video and workbook to embed developmental information from classroom training
- Introduce bitesize classroom learning – keeping training time to a minimum and getting across key points
- A simple method of developing your team, with full supporting information and accompanying video to help you
- Add short learning sessions to team meetings using videos and workbooks for group development
- Develop your own skills, using the videos and supporting workbooks to self-learn
- Develop key skills, using the videos and workbooks to self-learn and set workplace actions
Video and Workbook Content:
Set within our Leadership and Management range, these videos and accompanying workbook focus on the topic of Delegating Effectively.
Delegation is one of the most important management skills. Delegation is much more than telling others what to do. It is about using leadership skills that empower others to take responsibility and make decisions. It develops their skills and knowledge and makes full use of their potential.
Good delegation saves you time, helps to develop your team, motivates and, in some circumstances, prepares a successor.
This training pack comes with two videos, which focus on ‘Delegating Decisions’ and ‘How to Delegate’. You can view both of these videos in full below…
How to Delegate
In this 20 page fully editable workbook, you’ll look at whether you should delegate a task or not, a simple model for delegating, what not to do and some of the potential pitfalls when delegating.
Samples of the workbook
Please click on image for larger view…
To delegate or not to delegate – A prompt to watch the video and set up for the following task
Task – An exercise that helps you establish whether tasks should be delegated or not and gives you a framework for delegating effectively
Delegation processes – A prompt to watch the video and set up for the following task
Task – An exercise that explores whether certain tasks were delegated effectively or not
A 10-step delegation process – An example of a delegation process, broken down into each step
Task – Applying the 10-step process above to a practical scenario
Purpose, Actions and Timeframe (PAT) – A shorter process for delegating
M.A.D. – A simple mnemonic for remembering what NOT to do when delegating
Management and leadership style affect delegation style – A management model that identifies how different people delegate
Recognition – Explaining that this is a critical component to delegating
Responsibility with no authority – A look at what happens when no authority is given with delegated tasks
Use what you’ve learnt – An exercise that encourages the practical application of what has been learned throughout the workbook and video
Takeaways – Key data from the learning in one simple page
Further reading – A list of alternative sources of information that build on the learning
What will I receive?
- A ‘white label’ version of the video shown above, with no watermark
- A 20 page workbook
These videos and accompanying training workbooks have been designed to be multi-purpose and can be used in a range of scenarios.