Resilience is now recognised as a very important competence to demonstrate in the workplace. In the increasingly complex context of today’s working environment, the resilience of individuals, and organisations becomes critical for business success. Therefore, these developing resilience training course materials are suitable for all employees.
Help ensure your employees have the resilience required to cope with workplace challenges
Resilience is the ability to cope with the challenges, problems and set-backs we face in life, and to become stronger because of them. It relies on different skills and draws on various sources of help, including rational thinking skills, physical and emotional health, and an individuals relationship with those around them.
Why is running this Developing Resilience training course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Understand the importance of personal resilience and having a positive focus at work.
- Adapt their approach to work and become more optimistic.
- Overcome negative thinking to help ensure business success.
- Use tools to effectively build their personal resilience.
- Develop key tactics to help ensure organisational resilience.
- Use emotional intelligence techniques to help improve workplace communication.
Ultimately, these training course materials will help employees to focus on the positive aspects of their role and to engage with workplace activities with an optimistic and enthusiastic mindset.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials – Please click on image for larger view…
Developing resilience means overcoming and developing from workplace setbacks. It allows an individual to focus on their own wellbeing by taking a positive mindset and avoiding getting overwhelmed by issues when they arise. The aim is to be able to bounce back from adversity and accept the challenges that the workplace can bring. We all have the ability to develop personal resilience and these training course materials aim to help participants tap into the skills required.
The main content of these training course materials are as follows…
Introduction and Objectives – Setting the scene while establishing what is meant by workplace resilience. Identifying the expectations and goals that the participants have for the training.
Why is Resilience Important? – Exploring why resilience is important to us as individuals and the attributes of resilient people. Identifying the participants own resilience levels and how they currently cope with workplace challenges.
Positive Vs. Negative Thinking – Reviewing a case study that explores how negative thinking can impact on how a negative reaction to a minor setback could escalate negative feelings and affect how work is approached. Completing a questionnaire to establish what type of thinker the participant is.
The Three Dimensions – Understanding; Permanence, Pervasiveness and Personalisation and the individual’s ability to ‘bounce-back’. This links back to the previous questionnaire and poses several questions that help the participant to focus on areas of improvement for the future.
Overcoming Negative Thinking – The ABC Technique – Looking at; Adversity, Beliefs and Consequences and how understanding this process can help someone overcome negativity. Introducing an exercise that encourages participants to turn negative thoughts into positives.
The Ladder of Inference – This model identifies our natural tendency to react to situations based on our past experiences and beliefs. So, here participants are encouraged to use this model to focus on the facts of a situation and avoid adding their own interpretation. Includes the chance to both explore the approach and identify with personal experiences.
Challenge Your Thinking – A series of opportunities to challenge current thinking and adapt behaviour for a more positive outcome.
Locus of Control – This model explores the idea that individuals perceive issues either from an internal or external perspective (thinks happen to them, or because of them). The model is introduced and participants explore an exercise that identifies their own outlook and the effect this might have on them. Includes tips on being more internally driven.
Levels of Resilience – Exploring the relationship between individual and organisational resilience and where there might be some crossover.
The Resilience Grid – Several examples of the resilience grid for individuals and organisations and the chance to complete a grid to define what they can do to improve resilience in both areas.
Developing Emotional Intelligence – A look at some of the key areas of emotional intelligence that can gain ‘quick wins’ for personal communication and resilient behaviour. In-depth exploration of five key skills of emotional intelligence that can improve personal performance.
Helping Others to Become Resilient – An activity that explores the opportunities to help and encourage others to increase their personal resilience.
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this course is highly interactive and includes activities, discussions and exercises throughout to both engage the learners and help embed the learning.
At the end of this Developing Resilience training course your participants will be able to:
- Define resilience and explain its importance
- Differentiate between positive and negative thinking
- Challenge the way they think
- Use tools that help them build resilience
- Develop key Emotional Intelligence skills
- Help others to build resilience