These Workstation and Display Screen Equipment e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
The idea that working at desks, or using display screens, can be damaging to your health is now well established. But it’s not just desk-bound workers that are vulnerable. In today’s highly computerised age, employees in many fields now spend more time than ever before in front of screens.
The big problem is the gradual nature of the damage caused. Just like you don’t notice the daily aging of your body, poor working conditions take a slow but serious toll on your body. This course will help you set up your workstation to minimise any potential damage to your health.
Who is it for?
If you spend part or all of your day working at a desk and using display screens, this course is for you. That includes:
- Office workers
- Anyone desk-bound
- Anyone using display screens
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning short course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, images and audio
- Get downloadable worksheets
- On-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module One – Introduction
- Begin to understand the serious health and safety risks involved
- Learn how to reduce, manage or eliminate these risks
- Know when a workstation assessment should be carried out.
Module Two – Display Screen Equipment
- How to set up a workstation to minimise health risks
- How to work when sat at your desk to avoid injuries
- Complete a workstation self-assessment.
Module Three – Portable Display Screen Equipment
- Best practice for using touchscreen devices
- Reducing risks from using portable devices
- Mobile devices in vehicles.
Module Four – FAQ phone in
- Learn about your rights as an employee when using display screen equipment
- Get practical advice based on some real life scenarios
- Discover other ways you can keep healthy during the work day.
Module Five – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring.
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
The reasons to create a safe working environment where DSE safety is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of Workstation and Display Screen Equipment to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course:
- Understand the health implications of poor workstation setup
- Learn more about health and safety rights as an employee
- Learn how to perform a self-assessment of any workstation
- Start to use best practice to avoid health issues
- And begin to take this important health risk more seriously.
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.