Data Protection Impact Assessment – E-Learning
These Data Protection Impact Assessment e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training Provider? Ask about our reseller process.
Training course contents:
What’s the course about?
A Data Protection Impact Assessment is a way of analysing how data is processed to help identify and minimise any data protection risks.
DPIAs are a legal requirement for processing that is likely to be high risk, but an effective DPIA can also bring broader compliance, financial and reputational benefits. It can help you demonstrate accountability and build trust and engagement with individuals.
Data Protection Impact Assessments are often used on a project basis which may focus on a particular part of a business, or a new process. The basic procedure can be adapted for large or small projects and they should be used as an ongoing method which reviews the risks from data processing.
In this e-learning course, you users will learn the importance of a Data Protection Impact Assessment and how to apply it from start to finish. This will include; establishing what data is being processed and how, identifying the potential risks, the important questions that should be asked and how to implement measures to reduce these risks.
The e-learning provides a structured approach to carrying out Data Impact Assessments and a complete DPIA template for use in the workplace.
Who is it for?
This course is for those involved in carrying out data protection impact assessments, which would include:
- Data Protection Officers
- Project Managers
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Includes seven learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, examples and quizzes
- Includes downloadable template and checklists
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Explore what a Data Protection Impact Assessment is and what it is used for
- Establish when they are a legal requirement
- Identify what DPIAs can be used for
- Review the benefits of carrying out DPIAs.
Module 2 – Identifying the need for a Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Identify situations where DPIAs are a legal requirement
- Explore examples of criteria which are likely to lead to high risk processing
- Establish the importance having a clear view of a project’s objectives and the types of processing it involves.
Module 3 What data is being processed and how
- Understanding what describing the processing means in terms of:
- Identify key data elements and give examples of an information flow.
Module 4 – Identifying privacy and related risks
- Describe whose views about the intended processing should be sought
- Highlighting what should happen if there are good reasons not to seek individual’s views
- Review who else should be consulted.
Module 5 – Necessity and proportionality
- State two important questions that should be asked with respect to necessity
- Explain how the GDPR principles relate to Data Protection Impact Assessements.
Module 6 – Assessing risks and identifying measures to reduce them
- Establish the processes for assessing data processing risks
- Explore examples of the sorts of measures that can be put in place to reduce risk
- Identify what should be done is there is a residual high risk.
Module 7 – Sign off and review
- Review what should happen when a Data Protection Impact Assessment has been completed
- Describe the advantages of publishing a DPIA
- Establish the importance of ongoing DPIA reviews.
Module 8 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
This e-learning course will help ensure your learners are able to effectively administer a Data Protection Impact Assessment to comply with Data Protection Regulations:
- Understand a Data Protection Impact Assessment, why it is important and why they are legally required
- Establish where DPIA’s are a legal requirement
- Identify the data that is being processed and how
- Explore the risks associated with the data collection
- Assess risks and what can be done to reduce them
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.