These Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
A Data Protection Impact Assessment is a way of analysing how data is processed to help identify and minimise any data protection risks.
DPIAs are a legal requirement for processing that is likely to be high risk, but an effective DPIA can also bring broader compliance, financial and reputational benefits. It can help you demonstrate accountability and build trust and engagement with individuals.
Data Protection Impact Assessments are often used on a project basis which may focus on a particular part of a business, or a new process. The basic procedure can be adapted for large or small projects and they should be used as an ongoing method which reviews the risks from data processing.
In this e-learning course, you users will learn the importance of a Data Protection Impact Assessment and how to apply it from start to finish. This will include; establishing what data is being processed and how, identifying the potential risks, the important questions that should be asked and how to implement measures to reduce these risks.
The e-learning provides a structured approach to carrying out Data Impact Assessments and a complete DPIA template for use in the workplace.
This course is for those involved in carrying out data protection impact assessments, which would include:
- Data Protection Officers
- Project Managers
- Team leaders
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Includes seven learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, examples and quizzes
- Includes downloadable template and checklists
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
This e-learning course will help ensure your learners are able to effectively administer a Data Protection Impact Assessment to comply with Data Protection Regulations:
- Understand a Data Protection Impact Assessment, why it is important and why they are legally required
- Establish where DPIA’s are a legal requirement
- Identify the data that is being processed and how
- Explore the risks associated with the data collection
- Assess risks and what can be done to reduce them
- Explore what a Data Protection Impact Assessment is and what it is used for
- Establish when they are a legal requirement
- Identify what DPIAs can be used for
- Review the benefits of carrying out DPIAs.
- Identify situations where DPIAs are a legal requirement
- Explore examples of criteria which are likely to lead to high risk processing
- Establish the importance having a clear view of a project’s objectives and the types of processing it involves.
- Understanding what describing the processing means in terms of:
- Identify key data elements and give examples of an information flow.
- Describe whose views about the intended processing should be sought
- Highlighting what should happen if there are good reasons not to seek individual’s views
- Review who else should be consulted.
- State two important questions that should be asked with respect to necessity
- Explain how the GDPR principles relate to Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Establish the processes for assessing data processing risks
- Explore examples of the sorts of measures that can be put in place to reduce risk
- Identify what should be done is there is a residual high risk.
- Review what should happen when a Data Protection Impact Assessment has been completed
- Describe the advantages of publishing a DPIA
- Establish the importance of ongoing DPIA reviews.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £250 – £500.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.