This Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) e-learning course is aimed at those people within an organisation that need to implement DPIA’s as part of GDPR or the Data Protection Act. It provides all the information they need to make a success of these and also tools and techniques to support the process.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
DPIA – Data Protection Impact Assessment
A Data Protection Impact Assessment is a way of analysing how data is processed to help identify and minimise any data protection risks.
DPIAs are a legal requirement for processing that is likely to be high risk, but an effective DPIA can also bring broader compliance, financial and reputational benefits. It can help you demonstrate accountability and build trust and engagement with individuals.
Data Protection Impact Assessments are often used on a project basis which may focus on a particular part of a business, or a new process. The basic procedure can be adapted for large or small projects and they should be used as an ongoing method which reviews the risks from data processing.
In this e-learning course, you users will learn the importance of a Data Protection Impact Assessment and how to apply it from start to finish. This will include; establishing what data is being processed and how, identifying the potential risks, the important questions that should be asked and how to implement measures to reduce these risks.
The e-learning provides a structured approach to carrying out Data Impact Assessments and a complete DPIA template for use in the workplace.
This course is for those involved in carrying out data protection impact assessments, which would include:
- Data Protection Officers
- Project Managers
- Team leaders
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Includes seven learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, examples and quizzes
- Includes downloadable template and checklists
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
This e-learning course will help ensure your learners are able to effectively administer a Data Protection Impact Assessment to comply with Data Protection Regulations:
- Understand a Data Protection Impact Assessment, why it is important and why they are legally required
- Establish where DPIA’s are a legal requirement
- Identify the data that is being processed and how
- Explore the risks associated with the data collection
- Assess risks and what can be done to reduce them
- Explore what a Data Protection Impact Assessment is and what it is used for
- Establish when they are a legal requirement
- Identify what DPIAs can be used for
- Review the benefits of carrying out DPIAs.
- Identify situations where DPIAs are a legal requirement
- Explore examples of criteria which are likely to lead to high risk processing
- Establish the importance having a clear view of a project’s objectives and the types of processing it involves.
- Understanding what describing the processing means in terms of:
- Identify key data elements and give examples of an information flow.
- Describe whose views about the intended processing should be sought
- Highlighting what should happen if there are good reasons not to seek individual’s views
- Review who else should be consulted.
- State two important questions that should be asked with respect to necessity
- Explain how the GDPR principles relate to Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Establish the processes for assessing data processing risks
- Explore examples of the sorts of measures that can be put in place to reduce risk
- Identify what should be done is there is a residual high risk.
- Review what should happen when a Data Protection Impact Assessment has been completed
- Describe the advantages of publishing a DPIA
- Establish the importance of ongoing DPIA reviews.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.