These Drugs and Alcohol Awareness e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training Provider? Ask about our reseller process.
Training course contents:
What’s the course about?
Substance abuse is a complex problem and when that problem enters the workplace, it can become extremely destructive. The misuse of drugs and alcohol affects not only the person that is involved and their family and friends, but also their co-workers, management and ultimately the business they work for.
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act, employers can be prosecuted if they know an employee is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and they are allowed to continue working, therefore putting co-workers at risk. So, the importance of making employees aware of their responsibilities cannot be underestimated.
This drugs and alcohol awareness e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to help manage issues surrounding drugs and alcohol in the workplace, helping to raise awareness and deal with issues effectively.
Who is it for?
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Important training for managers and people with authority at work
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for people in all roles
- Useful for roles in ‘high risk’ environments
- Perfect for employee induction processes
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Includes five learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, videos, graphics and images
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Define substance abuse
- Explore some of the reasons people abuse substances
- Understand the extent of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace
- Identify some of the advantages of tackling drug and alcohol abuse.
Module 2 – Drugs, alcohol and dependency
- Explore some of the main signs of someone abusing drugs or alcohol
- Review what factors affect the influence alcohol has on a person
- Identify the amount of alcohol units there are common drinks
- Understand how drugs are categorised
- Define the difference between psychological and physical dependency.
Module 3 – The law
- Understand an employer’s responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their employees
- Identify some of the legislation is applicable to drug and alcohol at work
- Appreciate what could happen if an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol at work.
Module 4 – Drugs and alcohol policy
- Explore why a drugs and alcohol policy is important
- Define a procedure for developing and implementing a drugs and alcohol policy
- Review some of the core elements in a drugs and alcohol policy
- Establish how the organisation’s culture can affect the use of drugs and/or alcohol at work.
Module 5 – Taking action if someone has a drug or alcohol problem
- Explore the rights an employee has if they have a drug or alcohol related problem at work
- Identify some of the things an employer should do if they suspect an employee has a drug or alcohol related problem
- Describe some of the things an employer should consider if an employee has a drug or alcohol related problem
- State some of the options for seeking help and advice.
Module 6 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
With this ‘Drugs and Alcohol Awareness’ E-Learning course your learners will:
- Define substance abuse and the impact it can have in the workplace
- Identifying the signs that someone is abusing alcohol or drugs
- Establish the different levels of alcohol and classes of drugs and what amounts to dependence
- Understand psychological and physical dependencies
- Understand the law surrounding drugs and an employer’s responsibilities
- Appreciate why a drugs and alcohol policy is important
- Identify how an organisation’s culture affects the use of drugs and alcohol at work
- Knowing what to do what to do when you suspect substance abuse in the workplace
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.