E-Learning Course Content:
This Drugs and Alcohol Awareness e-learning course highlights the complex, but important topic of substance misuse and how it should be managed in the workplace. It will help highlight potential issues, how to deal with them and where to seek support.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Training course contents:
Drugs and Alcohol
Substance abuse is a complex problem and when that problem enters the workplace, it can become extremely destructive. The misuse of drugs and alcohol affects not only the person that is involved and their family and friends, but also their co-workers, management and ultimately the business they work for.
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act, employers can be prosecuted if they know an employee is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and they are allowed to continue working, therefore putting co-workers at risk. So, the importance of making employees aware of their responsibilities cannot be underestimated.
This drugs and alcohol awareness e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to help manage issues surrounding drugs and alcohol in the workplace, helping to raise awareness and deal with issues effectively.
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Important training for managers and people with authority at work
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for people in all roles
- Useful for roles in ‘high risk’ environments
- Perfect for employee induction processes
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Includes five learning modules
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, videos, graphics and images
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
With this ‘Drugs and Alcohol Awareness’ E-Learning course your learners will:
- Define substance abuse and the impact it can have in the workplace
- Identifying the signs that someone is abusing alcohol or drugs
- Establish the different levels of alcohol and classes of drugs and what amounts to dependence
- Understand psychological and physical dependencies
- Understand the law surrounding drugs and an employer’s responsibilities
- Appreciate why a drugs and alcohol policy is important
- Identify how an organisation’s culture affects the use of drugs and alcohol at work
- Knowing what to do what to do when you suspect substance abuse in the workplace
- Define substance abuse
- Explore some of the reasons people abuse substances
- Understand the extent of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace
- Identify some of the advantages of tackling drug and alcohol abuse.
- Explore some of the main signs of someone abusing drugs or alcohol
- Review what factors affect the influence alcohol has on a person
- Identify the amount of alcohol units there are common drinks
- Understand how drugs are categorised
- Define the difference between psychological and physical dependency.
- Understand an employer’s responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their employees
- Identify some of the legislation is applicable to drug and alcohol at work
- Appreciate what could happen if an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol at work.
- Explore why a drugs and alcohol policy is important
- Define a procedure for developing and implementing a drugs and alcohol policy
- Review some of the core elements in a drugs and alcohol policy
- Establish how the organisation’s culture can affect the use of drugs and/or alcohol at work.
- Explore the rights an employee has if they have a drug or alcohol related problem at work
- Identify some of the things an employer should do if they suspect an employee has a drug or alcohol related problem
- Describe some of the things an employer should consider if an employee has a drug or alcohol related problem
- State some of the options for seeking help and advice.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.