This short energiser can be used between training activities or meeting agenda items to help participants re-focus. It can act as a short break from the more serious business of the event.
Instructions to help you run the energiser, ‘ESP’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page or you can follow the notes below.
Flip Chart and Pens
Large Prepared Display Card
1. Ask for a volunteer to assist you.
2. Explain that you are going to foretell the results of an arithmetic exercise by virtue of ESP.
3. Position yourself where you CANNOT see what the person is going to write on the flip chart.
4. Ask the volunteer to write any three digit number at the top of the chart. Stress that the number MUST NOT be a mirror image (e.g. 323).
5. Tell them to reverse the number and subtract the lower number from the higher. e.g.
6. Ask them if the result of the subtraction is a two digit number, if so tell them to add a zero in front of it.
7. Tell them to reverse this number and add it to the preceding product.
Note: This calculation will ALWAYS result in the answer 1089.
Use this energiser to help re-focus participants during a training course or meeting.