Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call, which helps with training of remote workers. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
Managers play a key part in the success of any organisation. They are the people that provide difficult problem solving, adapt to business challenges and help ensure the effectiveness of an organisation that will help lead it to success.
These Essential Management Skills virtual training course materials are suitable for the leaders within an organisation and anyone who performs a role that involves managing others. The content will provide the key skills every manager needs to progress in their role and play an effective part in leading the business. It would suit anyone that is new to the role, or those that want to review their performance as a manager and grow as a leader.
Training course contents:
Help improve the skills of the managers within your organisation and increase productivity
Being a manager means being able to organise and motivate a team, so that they are better able to deal with the challenges that their own role faces. A good manager will lay the groundwork for people to work well. The role of manager has changed over the years and it has moved from one of command and control over employees to one of engagement and inclusiveness. Managers are now required to inspire and cultivate their workforce and lead with a strong vision.
These management skills training course materials will provide your participants to become an effective ‘modern’ manager with the tools and techniques needed to ensure success with their team and the ability to develop their personal skills.
Why is running this Essential Management Skills virtual training course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Identify their own management approach and how to work best with it.
- Meet the requirements of their role through goals, strategy, objectives and KPI’s.
- Effectively delegate work, so that they can focus on more important elements.
- Deliver feedback in an effective way and help increase performance.
- Provide engaging meetings that allow a clear message to be communicated.
- Motivate their team and inspire results.
Ultimately, these virtual training course materials will assist managers in providing sufficient support and direction to their team in order to become an effective unit, working for the betterment of the organisation.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
I find all your materials really helpful and they save me a lot of time. I did buy your Virtual materials, which I used during lockdown. As well as the content, I think they gave me confidence that I was on the right track, which has saved my business really!
– LW, West Yorkshire, UK
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
This management skills virtual training course has been developed to help improve the management skills of the participants, but also to help them increase the performance of their own teams. The management techniques they will learn during the virtual sessions will help them to improve performance by using key tools and techniques that will provide them with a structured approach to managing their own tasks and those of the people around them, while developing a management approach that is motivational and engaging.
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
Introduction and Objectives – Providing an understanding of what the participants should expect and highlighting the expectations of managers and what they need to do to be effective.
Icebreaker – Setting expectations and understanding participant needs while encouraging communication.
Management as a Product – If management was a product, what would it be like? What’s the purpose of management and how can it be improved upon?
Assessing Your Personal Management Style – Defining management through the use of a questionnaire that allows participants to plot their own skills and any shortfalls in their current approach. Understanding when and how to alter their approach to benefit the team.
Setting Goals, Strategy, Objectives, Tasks and KPIs – Establishing the relevance of these elements and how to structure and deliver them for effectiveness. Based on personal experience and examples.
Prioritising – Understanding how to approach different tasks and prioritise them according to relevance and importance. Using the Pareto Principle to interpret this approach.
Delegating – Creating a clear approach to delegating and providing ongoing support to those that the work is delegated to. Using a case study to emphasis how the approach is applied in practice and the impact of their decisions. Includes examples of a delegation log and RACI for use back in the workplace.
Giving Performance Feedback – Applying the principles of effective feedback to ensure results through smart conversations. A role play of the feedback principles with workplace simulations and peer review.
Managing Meetings – Identifying the best method of ensuring effective meetings and following a clear plan to ensure positive outcomes.
Having Innovative Meetings – Making meetings more interactive and useful through the use of Gamification techniques. Motivating meeting participants and encouraging positive behaviours that will help develop personal skills or solve workplace problems. Includes two key interactive activities that can be applied to workplace meetings.
Creating Engagement – Exploring the key things that help create engagement in the workplace and learning to apply them for success.
Motivation – Establishing how motivation works and the best methods to achieve it in your day to day style. A review of a TEDTalks video to look at a different approach to motivation. Includes two case studies to help embed the learning and highlight how learnt techniques are best used in the real world.
Summary – A review of personal actions and how to move into a ‘future state’ of learning to ensure management skills are further developed.
As with all Trainer Bubble virtual training course materials, this course is highly interactive and includes activities, discussions and exercises throughout to both engage the learners and help embed the learning.
At the end of this Essential Management Skills virtual training course your participants will be able to:
- Use a framework for effective management
- Set goals, objectives, strategy and KPIs
- Prioritise and organise your work effectively
- Create employee engagement
- Motivate and monitor your staff