The event industry includes events of all sizes from the Olympics down to business breakfast meetings. Event management involves the application of some project management skills and tools for the effective planning, development, and management of events such as conferences, conventions, exhibitions, meetings and trade shows.
These training course materials are suitable for anyone that has to manage events, large or small, as a part of their role. This could include; Event Managers, General Managers, HR Managers, Trainers, Consultants, Leaders, PA’s or Administration Assistants.
Training course contents:
Help employees deliver fantastic events every time
Successful event management is a continuous process, and should be adaptable and flexible. Great events are usually based on a strong concept and purpose and require a diligent and focused approach. These training course materials aim to provide participants with the tools they need to ensure the key requirements of successful events are covered.
Why is running this Event Management training course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Develop and manage events from initial idea to evaluation.
- Identify requirements and select the right tools, people and resources to meet demands.
- Effectively plan, schedule, budget and manage the event process.
- Develop a strategy to market an event.
- Manage risks to mitigate and avoid potential problems with events.
Ultimately, these training course materials will help employees to effectively create, manage and organise events. Ensuring they run smoothly and successfully.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
Event Management requires many skills including; project management, communication, organisation and creativity. It involves identifying a target audience, developing the event concept, building the right team, and planning and coordinating the technical aspects before actually launching the event.
The main content of the training course materials…
Introduction and Objectives – Setting the scene and establishing what the participants expect to get out of the training course.
The Event Concept – Exploring the reasons events are held, which gives an insight into the focus that should be placed on a particular event and what the key objectives are.
SMART Objectives – Structuring a clear objective for the event, which will ensure clarity of the end goal is retained and reviewed throughout the planning process.
The Event Plan – Creating a solid event plan that helps you operate more efficiently and effectively. Structuring the plan, taking into account key information such as; target audience, strategic objectives, the event team, financial elements, marketing, communication and risks. Includes a structured plan.
Gantt Charts – Introducing Gantt Charts and how they can be used to effectively manage the event planning process.
The Event Team – Putting an event team together by identifying the various roles you need to fill and the skill sets required. Once identified, how best to apply the skills of the team to the tasks ahead using a RACI Matrix.
Event Requirements – Applying a structure to establishing the requirements of the event and how to meet them.
Financial Planning and Budgeting – Ensuring that, right from the start, you set a realistic budget with flexibility and contingencies, providing a forecast and budgeting accordingly.
Marketing the Event – Creating a marketing plan to establish marketing objectives, define the marketing strategy and use specific tools to ensure marketing effectiveness.
Event Communications – Using an event manual and staff briefing form to provide guidance and reference for all principal staff and advisors working on the event itself and to provide to provide a firm set of principles, practices and instructions to help guide event staff in their operational roles.
Risk Management – Using a risk assessment to identify the potential areas of risk, the likelihood of the risk occurring, and the impact it could have on the event or your budget. Identifying typical event risks and how to avoid, transfer, mitigate or accept them.
Management During the Event – Establishing the activities an event manager should focus on during the event.
Management Post-Event – Establishing the activities an event manager should focus on after the event.
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this course is designed to be interactive and engaging with activities and exercises throughout.
At the end of this Event Management training course your participants will be able to:
- Define an event concept and set objectives based on this
- Write an Event Plan – Allocate roles and identify needs
- Use financial planning and scheduling tools
- Market your event
- Identify risk, and select risk management strategies