These training packs come as videos and accompanying workbook that demonstrate key learning topics. The video demonstrates a key part of the learning, with the workbook expanding on the information and providing further development. The workbook also includes activities to help embed the learning and together with the video will give learners a rounded understanding with prompts to apply what they have learned.
Our training videos and workbooks are multi-purpose and can be used in a variety of useful ways.
- Use the video to support classrooom training and emphasise key information – use the workbook as an option to embed the learning
- Provide pre-course work, using the video and workbook to engage learners and provoke discussion
- Provide post-course work, using the video and workbook to embed developmental information from classroom training
- Introduce bitesize classroom learning – keeping training time to a minimum and getting across key points
- A simple method of developing your team, with full supporting information and accompanying video to help you
- Add short learning sessions to team meetings using videos and workbooks for group development
- Develop your own skills, using the videos and supporting workbooks to self-learn
- Develop key skills, using the videos and workbooks to self-learn and set workplace actions
Set within our Leadership and Management range, these videos and accompanying workbook focus on the topic of Giving and Receiving Feedback.
One of the most important aspects of your role as a manager is to give feedback that guides and motivates your team members.
This training pack comes with three videos, which focus on ‘Feedback’, ‘The AID Feedback Model’ and ‘Two Wolves’. You can view all of these videos in full below…
The AID Feedback Model
In this 28 page workbook, the learner will explore a number of feedback techniques and models, as well as look at some of the issues around feedback such as whether it should be anonymous, and whether recognition is more powerful than praise.
The images below show some sample pages of the workbook. Click on the images to make them full screen.
Why feedback is important – A prompt to watch the ‘Feedback’ video, which explains why feedback is important
Applying AID feedback at work – A prompt to watch ‘The AID Feedback Model’ video, which explains this useful model
The AID feedback model – A further summary of the information provided in the video
Task: Preparing for a feedback session – An exercise that walks through the AID process and tests knowledge
Feedback models – A review of alternative feedback models, including:
- Situation – Behaviour – Impact (SBI) – with Task: How would you use the SBI framework in this situation?
- The CORBS model
- 360-degree feedback
Pendleton’s rules – A set of guidelines (rules) for giving feedback
Feedback timing – Choosing when to give it
The feedback sandwich – The benefits and pitfalls of this well-known approach
Losada ratio – A prompt to watch the ‘Two Wolves’ video, followed by an explanation of how positive and negative feedback should be balanced
‘I’ statements – A useful approach for framing feedback without sounding judgemental
Task: See if you can create ‘I’ statements in response to these situations – An exercise to practice getting it right
Praise and recognition – Identifying how people prefer to receive positive feedback
Task: Should feedback be anonymous? – An exercise that helps establish the advantages and disadvantages of anonymous feedback
Receiving feedback – A detailed look at how to ask for feedback, including;
- Ask that the feedback is given in a non-judgemental way
- Prepare yourself and put the feedback into context
- Separate opinions from facts
Task: Rephrasing – An exercise that helps us to re-phrase feedback and turn negatives into positives
How to say anything to anyone – An examination of this useful technique
Use what you’ve learnt – An exercise that encourages the practical application of what has been learned throughout the workbook and video
Takeaways – Key data from the learning in one simple page
Further reading – A list of alternative sources of information that build on the learning
What will I receive?
- A ‘white label’ version of the video shown above, with no watermark
- A 28 page workbook
These videos and accompanying training workbooks have been designed to be multi-purpose and can be used in a range of scenarios