These Financial Crime Essentials e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
Financial Crime involves illegal acts committed by individuals or groups of people to obtain a financial or professional advantage. This type of crime has become big business for criminals who have a variety of different methods of generating illegal income. Typically, the different types of financial crime are;
- Money Laundering
- Cyber Crime
- Terrorist Financing
- Market Abuse/Insider Dealing
- Violating Sanctions
- Identity Crime
- Bribery and Corruption
This Financial Crime Essentials e-learning course focuses on raising awareness of the different types of financial crimes, how they are perpetrated and what this can mean for individuals and organisations. It also looks at the individual’s responsibilities regarding financial crime, the due diligence they should perform, spotting warning signs and reporting suspicious activity.
Learners will become more aware of the dangers and what actions organisations and individuals can take to make sure they do not become victims of financial crime.
Who is it for?
Financial crime is an increasing concern for all financial institutions big and small. Detecting and preventing financial crime is a big challenge for all organisations and the people that work for them. It is a topic that we should all have an awareness of, knowing how to spot it and what to do when we have suspicions that it has occurred. Therefore, this course is for anyone within an organisation.
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning short course
- Containing three interactive module
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Get downloadable factsheets
- On-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Types of Financial Crime
Understanding the different eight types of financial crime and the seven different types of criminal that commit them.
- Review the eight different types of financial crime; Money Laundering, Fraud, Cyber Crime, Terrorist Financing, Market Abuse/Insider Dealing, Violating Sanctions, Identity Crime, Bribery and Corruption.
- Explore several different financial crime scenarios to identify what type they are
- Understand the seven different types of financial criminal
Module 2 – The Consequences
Exploring the financial and social cost of financial crime and the effects on direct and indirect victims.
- Review the financial implications of this type of crime
- Identifying the global cost of cybercrime and fraud
- Defining the impact on direct and indirect victims of financial crime
- Establishing the social cost of financial crime
- Understanding how financial crime supports further criminal and terrorist activity
- Outlining the potential consequences for criminals
Module 3 – Your Responsibilities
Looking at the important role that everyone plays in fighting financial crime.
- Ensuring you review policies, processes and procedures
- Being alert to potential financial crimes and reporting suspicious activity
- Reviewing your main responsibilities with regard to money laundering
- Understanding Customer Due Diligence and what it involves
- Identifying the warning signs for financial crime
- Establishing when and how to report suspicious activity
- Identifying, preventing and reporting internal fraud
- Maintaining information and data security to protect against financial crime
Module 4 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring.
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
This Financial Crime Essentials e-learning course focuses on raising awareness of the different types of financial crimes, how they are perpetrated and what this can mean for individuals and organisations. In this course:
- Understand what constitutes financial crime and the risks to organisations and individuals
- Help ensure personal awareness of financial crime
- Appreciate the damage that financial crime can cause to individuals and organisations
- Understand obligations as a manager/employee and know how to effectively deal with suspicions
- Improve general compliance within your organisation
- Help to develop a compliance culture within your organisation
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.