E-Learning Course Content:
This highly interactive and engaging e-learning course focuses on the topic of First Aid at Work: Initial Steps and will help learners establish what to do when a medical emergency occurs.
The e-learning can be provided as SCORM files, or on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
First Aid at Work – Initial Steps
React effectively in those first critical moments
This online learning course aims to provide learners with the knowledge required to act quickly, calmly, confidently, and potentially save a life if a medical emergency occurs.
It will take them through the key initial steps required for any medical emergency so that if a colleague or visitor is injured or becomes seriously ill in your workplace they know what to do.
This online learning course applies to all employees and would be a useful course to include as part of onboarding training. Therefore, potential learners may include:
- Appointed Persons
- First Aiders
- H&S Executives
- Team Leaders
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing five interactive modules
- Includes sensible hints and tips for success
- Blending text, videos, graphics, quizzes and interactions
- Regular on-going practice as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, this online course is designed to help save lives by providing learners with the knowledge required to act quickly and effectively when a medical emergency occurs. With this e-learning course:
- Carry out a primary survey that considers; danger, response, airway, breathing and circulation
- Carry out a secondary survey that considers; gathering background information and checking for signs and symptoms
- Phoning 999 – questions and actions
- Explain the three initial steps for a medical emergency
- Review a posed scenario to set the scene and test knowledge
- Establish the importance of knowing what to do when you are the first person on the scene
- An overview of the main course content for reference
- Carrying out a primary survey using the DR ABC acronym
- Explain the order of checks
- An in-depth review of each check…
- Check 1 – Danger
- Check 2 – Response
- Check 3 – Airway
- Check 4 – Breathing
- Check 5 – Circulation
- Ensuring a methodical check to find out more information
- Gathering background information about the incident and casualty
- Checking for signs and symptoms
- Identifying changes and differences
- Establishing when 999 should be called
- Reviewing what happens when you call 999
- Knowing what questions will be asked
- Following instructions while waiting for help
- A full review of the key points covered
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We have a variety of options for payment of this e-learning course. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements.
If you are unsure of your e-learning requirements, you can also visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.
‘Off-the-Shelf’ Price – £2,000+vat