These First Aid at Work e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work – The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
In this first aid e-learning course you’ll be provided with all the necessary information and resources to help you meet the requirements for your organisation as well as gaining a real understanding of the roles of the personnel involved in first aid.
The e-learning course ensures you full understand how to carry out a first aid needs assessment, providing a checklist of the important things to consider. You’ll also gain experience of how to report and record, reducing the likelihood of accidents and incidents re-occurring.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging to help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s an engaging way to appreciate the requirements and importance of first aid at work.
This first aid at work e-learning course is essential health safety training for anyone involved in first aid at work. This could include:
- Essential first aid training for the ‘appointed person’
- Essential first aid training for first aiders
- Important awareness training for employers
- Generalist e-learning course for those in health and safety roles
- Good introduction to first aid and to support practical training
- Important for jobs where first aid plays a part
With this, ‘First Aid at Work’ E-Learning course your learners will:
- Understand employer’s obligations including legal requirements
- Explain how to carry out a first aid needs assessment
- Identify the different roles and requirements of first aid personnel
- Describe the first aid provision requirements for your organisation
- Establish what should be included in a first aid kit
- Explain how to report incidents and follow up with reports to help ensure they do not happen again
- Explore case studies that provide an opportunity to practically apply the learning
- State what legal obligations an employer has in terms of first aid
- Describe what ‘adequate and appropriate’ means in terms of first aid provision
- Explain why organisations need to do a first aid needs assessment
- Explain some of the areas an organisation needs to consider in a first aid needs assessment
- Describe elements of a needs assessment checklist
- State the minimum first aid requirement for all organisations
- Describe the role of an appointed person
- List two first aid qualifications and explain the difference
- Explain factors that will influence the type and number of first aid personnel needed.
- Describe the different sizes and types of first aid kit
- List examples of extra first aid equipment that may be needed
- State what should not be included in a first aid kit
- Describe a dedicated first aid room and who would be responsible for it
- Explain the difference between an accident book and a first aid incident book
- Explain when an accident or injury must be reported to an external body
- State why accident and incident books can be used to prevent future injuries
- List examples of the type of information that should be included in a first aid incident book
- Explore a number of real workplace environments and explore the first aid requirements that have resulted from the needs assessment.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.
If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.