E-Learning Course Content:
This First Aid at Work e-learning course provides the basics of managing a first aid process at work. It covers the knowledge an appointed person needs to know to support first aid in the workplace and gives key tips for people involved in the health and safety process.
The e-learning can be provided as SCORM files, or on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
First Aid at Work
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work – The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
In this first aid e-learning course you’ll be provided with all the necessary information and resources to help you meet the requirements for your organisation as well as gaining a real understanding of the roles of the personnel involved in first aid.
The e-learning course ensures you fully understand how to carry out a first aid needs assessment, providing a checklist of the important things to consider. You’ll also gain experience of how to report and record, reducing the likelihood of accidents and incidents re-occurring.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging to help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s an engaging way to appreciate the requirements and importance of first aid at work.
This first aid at work e-learning course is essential health safety training for anyone involved in first aid at work. This could include:
- Essential first aid training for the ‘appointed person’
- Essential first aid training for first aiders
- Important awareness training for employers
- Generalist e-learning course for those in health and safety roles
- Good introduction to first aid and to support practical training
- Important for jobs where first aid plays a part
With this, ‘First Aid at Work’ E-Learning course your learners will:
- Understand employer’s obligations including legal requirements
- Explain how to carry out a first aid needs assessment
- Identify the different roles and requirements of first aid personnel
- Describe the first aid provision requirements for your organisation
- Establish what should be included in a first aid kit
- Explain how to report incidents and follow up with reports to help ensure they do not happen again
- Explore case studies that provide an opportunity to practically apply the learning
- State what legal obligations an employer has in terms of first aid
- Describe what ‘adequate and appropriate’ means in terms of first aid provision
- Explain why organisations need to do a first aid needs assessment
- Explain some of the areas an organisation needs to consider in a first aid needs assessment
- Describe elements of a needs assessment checklist
- State the minimum first aid requirement for all organisations
- Describe the role of an appointed person
- List two first aid qualifications and explain the difference
- Explain factors that will influence the type and number of first aid personnel needed.
- Describe the different sizes and types of first aid kit
- List examples of extra first aid equipment that may be needed
- State what should not be included in a first aid kit
- Describe a dedicated first aid room and who would be responsible for it
- Explain the difference between an accident book and a first aid incident book
- Explain when an accident or injury must be reported to an external body
- State why accident and incident books can be used to prevent future injuries
- List examples of the type of information that should be included in a first aid incident book
- Explore a number of real workplace environments and explore the first aid requirements that have resulted from the needs assessment.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We have a variety of options for payment of this e-learning course. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements.
If you are unsure of your e-learning requirements, you can also visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.
‘Off-the-Shelf’ Price – £2,000+vat