These Fleet Driver Safety – Management of Occupational Road Risk e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training course contents:
Fleet Driver Safety – Management of Occupational Road Risk
Police road accident data shows that almost one third of all road deaths involve drivers or riders who are driving for work.
All businesses have a duty of care towards their employees when they are driving in company time and should have a commitment to achieving the highest standards of driving and vehicle care.
This Fleet Driver Safety – Management of Occupational Road Risk e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to help ensure the safety of them and others when driving in company time or when using company vehicles.
Who is it for?
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that are in roles that mean they use company vehicles of any kind
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Perfect for employee induction processes
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Containing 6 interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, video interactions and images
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment and CPD certificate
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Establish how the nature of driving for work can increase risks
- Understand a business’s approach to driving at work and vehicle care
- Explore their responsibilities as a driver and as an employee.
Module 2 – What’s expected of you as a driver
- Define how drivers can impact the company reputation
- Describe what it means to be an eligible driver
- Understand what they must do in terms of drugs, alcohol and medication
- Establish what they must do if their licence is revoked or indorsed
- State what they must do if they use glasses to drive.
Module 3 – Safe journey planning
- Plan a safe journey
- Identify areas to consider when journey planning e.g. weather, roadworks
- Appreciate how a safe journey plan can help the environment and sustainability.
Module 4 – Vehicle familiarisation and checks
- Establish why it is important to familiarise themselves with the vehicle they are about to drive
- Review examples of simple vehicle checks
- Identify why loose objects should be stored safely
- State who is responsible for the vehicle load
- Define what should be checked and adjusted before leaving.
Module 5 – While driving
- Identify particular situations which can lead a driver to become tired
- Review examples of distractions which can lead to accidents
- Understand the company policy on smoking / vaping in company vehicles
- Establish that using a hand held electronic device while driving is illegal
- Identify why using a hands free phone could cause an offense
- Understand what to do should they notice an issue with their vehicle or load.
Module 6 – Breakdowns and accidents
- Know what their priority is in the event of a breakdown
- Know what they should do if they break down on a motorway
- Know what to do in the event of an accident
- Know what NOT to do in the event of an accident
- Know how, when and where to report any accidents
- Know what information to obtain from the scene / third parties.
Module 7 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring – 15 randomly presented questions, from a bank of questions.
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Ensure your learners are provided with all the information they need to ensure their safety when driving at work
With this e-learning course:
- Identify the dangers that can arise from driving at work
- Explain the duty of care employees have to their employees when driving
- Understand the impact poor driving can have on a company’s reputation
- Appreciate what is expected of them as a driver
- Understand how to plan for a safe journey
- Establish how to perform vehicle checks and ensure the vehicle is road worthy and safe
- Appreciate the dangers of driving when tired and the distractions that can lead to accidents
- Establish the rules regarding device use and smoking when in company vehicles
- Know what to do in the event of an accident or breakdown
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.