These Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Catering e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
This Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Catering has been designed for anyone that handles food as part of their role in catering; this could be chefs, cafe staff, fast food outlet workers and anyone else involved in the catering industry.
Food is governed by a variety of different laws and regulations, which establish food control, food safety and relevant aspects of food trade. These regulations are in place to ensure food is safe and of adequate quality. This e-learning course will help ensure your organisation meets this requirement.
Within this Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Catering e-learning course, your learners will be helped to appreciate the importance of food hygiene, their legal responsibilities and best practice involved in the safe production, cooking, storage and serving of food. They’ll also consider the type of hazards they might face, personal hygiene, cleaning and disinfection, disposing of rubbish and pest control.
This Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Catering e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to work effectively with food, helping to ensure the safety of their colleagues and the general public.
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Essential food hygiene training for people in catering roles
- Cafe staff
- Fast food outlet workers
- Production managers
- Process managers
- Catering workers
- Catering managers
- H&S Managers
- Technical workers
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Perfect for manufacturing employee induction processes
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Containing 11 interactive modules
- Blending text, videos, graphics, interactions and images
- Aligns with the HABC, CIEH, and RSPH syllabuses
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
Ensure your learners understand and comply with food safety and hygiene requirements
With this e-learning course:
- Establish why food hygiene is important
- Establish what the law requires regarding food hygiene and safety
- Understand the hazards associated with food hygiene in a logistics environment and what can be done to reduce risks
- Effectively identify and manage risks in a logistics environment
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene to food safety
- Establish effective cleaning and maintenance procedures
- Explore the importance of correct rubbish disposal practices
- Understand the dangers presented by pests around food and how these can be mitigated
- Review the food safety danger zone and explore the main methods of food preservation
- Identify the importance of avoiding cross-contamination
- Explore the main allergens, the risks and how food should be labelled
- Learn about the responsibilities involved in serving hot or cold held food
- Appreciate the importance of food safety
- Review Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safer Food Better Business (SFBB)
- Explore food management standards as identified by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) global food safety standard
- Be introduced to the potential consequences of delivering unsafe or unhygienic food
- Establish the main responsibilities as provided by the Food Safety act 1990 and consider which of these is most applicable to a logistics operation
- Identify who is responsible for food safety enforcement and what this involves
- Understand the basic requirements of complying with food safety law
- Understand the potential food risks that exist
- Explore how bacteria replicates to cause illness
- Review how viruses spread between people
- Use FATTOM to understand the conditions that bacteria thrive in
- Understand the food poisoning bacteria, their sources and symptoms
- Establish the precautions you can take to avoid potential food hazards
- Discover the three aims of hazard analysis
- Establish what the five steps to effective hazard analysis are
- Explore the areas to consider when carrying out hazard analysis
- Putting checks and restrictions in place for; receiving, rejecting, storing and transporting food
- Ensuring the correct systems and controls are in place
- Understand why personal hygiene is important in the context of food safety
- Review; hand washing, injury, body piercings and illness
- Be reminded of what personal hygiene involves and what you need to do to ensure that you do not accidentally impair the safety of food
- Identify why cleaning is important
- Use the 6-point cleaning approach to help ensure food safety
- Establish when to clean and what to consider in a cleaning schedule
- Review ‘clean as you go’ and what effective cleaning involves
- Understand the three different types of cleaning products and their safe use
- Explore the reasons of the dangers of failing to dispose of rubbish promptly and correctly
- Understand the different segregations of waste and the reasons for this
- Receive a reminder of your responsibility to dispose of rubbish correctly and what this involves
- Explore the dangers to our health presented by pests
- Establish the tell-tale signs that show the presence of the six main types of pest
- Be reminded that ‘prevention is better than cure’ and what this involves
- Learn about the food temperature danger zone and what you need to do to keep food outside of this zone
- Be introduced to the nine main methods of preservation used by food manufacturers
- Learn about the importance of following correct processes or procedures to prevent cross contamination of food
- Learn about colour coding of tools and equipment to prevent cross contamination between different food types
- Be reminded about the importance of good hygiene and cleanliness
- Be reminded about the 14 main allergens that may be found in food and the risks associated with them
- Learn about food manufacturers obligations to inform customers and to label foods that may contain allergens
- Be reminded of the basic precautions to take to minimise the risk of allergen cross contamination
- Find out the main symptoms of allergic and severe allergic reactions as described by the National Health Service (NHS)
- See the NHS advice about the action to take if somebody has anaphylaxis
- Be reminded of the importance of good hygiene and what this involves
- Learn about key do’s and don’ts when serving food
- Learn what needs to be achieved if you are responsible for hot or cold held food whether this is served by you or whether it is in a self-service buffet
- Be reminded of the importance of taking food allergies and food intolerances seriously
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring – 15 randomly presented questions, from a bank of questions.
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.
If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.