E-Learning Course Content:
This Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Manufacturing e-learning course is aimed at helping ensure learners are aware of and follow the health and safety requirements for food hygiene in logistics.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
*Please note: This course is not a formal RQF food safety & hygiene qualification, the level indicates the standard that the course is pitched at, so that businesses can choose who it is relevant to.
Training course contents:
Food Safety in Logistics
This Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Logistics has been designed for anyone that handles food as part of their role in logistics; this could be drivers, warehouse workers or anyone else included in the logistics supply chain.
Food is governed by a variety of different laws and regulations, which establish food control, food safety and relevant aspects of food trade. These regulations are in place to ensure food is safe and of adequate quality. This e-learning course will help ensure your organisation meets this requirement.
Within this Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Logistics e-learning course, your learners will be helped to appreciate the importance of food hygiene, their legal responsibilities and best practice involved in the safe transport, storage and handling of food. They’ll also consider the type of hazards they might face, personal hygiene, cleaning and disinfection, disposing of rubbish and pest control.
This Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Logistics e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to work effectively with food, helping to ensure the safety of their colleagues and the general public.
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Essential food hygiene training for people in Logistics roles
- Warehouse operatives
- Warehouse managers
- Logistics managers
- H&S Managers
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Perfect for logistics employee induction processes
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Containing 8 interactive modules
- Blending text, videos, graphics, interactions and images
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
Ensure your learners understand and comply with food safety and hygiene requirements
With this e-learning course:
- Establish why food hygiene is important
- Understand the hazards associated with food hygiene in a logistics environment and what can be done to reduce risks
- Effectively identify and manage risks in a logistics environment
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene to food safety
- Establish effective cleaning and maintenance procedures
- Explore the importance of correct rubbish disposal practices
- Understand the dangers presented by pests around food and how these can be mitigated
- Establish what the law requires regarding food hygiene and safety
- Appreciate the importance of food safety
- Review Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safer Food Better Business (SFBB)
- Explore food management standards as identified by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) global food safety standard
- Be introduced to the potential consequences of delivering unsafe or unhygienic food
- Establish the main responsibilities as provided by the Food Safety act 1990 and consider which of these is most applicable to a logistics operation
- Identify who is responsible for food safety enforcement and what this involves
- Understand the basic requirements of complying with food safety law
- Understand the potential food risks that exist
- Explore how bacteria replicates to cause illness
- Review how viruses spread between people
- Use FATTOM to understand the conditions that bacteria thrive in
- Understand the food poisoning bacteria, their sources and symptoms
- Establish the precautions you can take to avoid potential food hazards
- Discover the three aims of hazard analysis
- Establish what the five steps to effective hazard analysis are
- Explore the areas to consider when carrying out hazard analysis
- Putting checks and restrictions in place for; receiving, rejecting, storing and transporting food
- Ensuring the correct systems and controls are in place
- Understand why personal hygiene is important in the context of food safety
- Review hand washing, injury, body piercings and illness
- Be reminded of what personal hygiene involves and what you need to do to ensure that you do not accidentally impair the safety of food
- Identify why cleaning is important
- Use the 6-point cleaning approach to help ensure food safety
- Establish when to clean and what to consider in a cleaning schedule
- Review ‘clean as you go’ and what effective cleaning involves
- Understand the three different types of cleaning products and their safe use
- Explore the reasons of the dangers of failing to dispose of rubbish promptly and correctly
- Understand the different segregations of waste and the reasons for this
- Receive a reminder of your responsibility to dispose of rubbish correctly and what this involves
- Explore the dangers to our health presented by pests
- Establish the tell-tale signs that show the presence of the six main types of pest
- Be reminded that ‘prevention is better than cure’ and what this involves
A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring – 15 randomly presented questions, from a bank of 60. CPD certificate with RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo provided to learner when they pass.
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.