These Fraud Prevention e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
Fraud within organisations can take several forms, which are identified by the UK Fraud Act 2006 as three primary offences; false representation, failing to disclose information and abusing positions of trust. Fraud always involves deception of some type with the aim of illicit gain or advantage or disadvantage to another person.
Fraud is relatively widespread and should be taken very seriously, as fraud crimes can have severe consequences for both business and individuals. The scale of fraud nationally and internationally is huge and so it should not be underestimated.
This e-learning aims to raise awareness of fraud, providing guidance and information that will help ensure employees are not only able to identify the possibility of fraud within or from outside the business, but also appreciate their responsibilities regarding reporting suspected fraudulent activities.
Who is it for?
This e-learning course is great awareness training and would therefore suit all employees within your organisation. However, it also provides a deeper understanding of fraud prevention and so would provide effective development for more senior members of the business.
- All employees
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing five interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Review the topic through a collection of case studies
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – What is Fraud?
- Learn how fraud is defined and find out about the three primary offences found in the Fraud Act 2006
- Discover the many different types of fraud identified by Action Fraud
- Find out how much fraud is believed to take place
Module 2 – Consequences of Fraud
- Identify the potential consequences of fraud
- Consider some real-life examples of fraud victims
- Review the perspectives of individuals, organisations, the community and even the criminals themselves
Module 3 – Who Commits Fraud?
- Consider who may have the potential to commit fraud and the different types of fraudster
- Find out why people commit fraud by learning about a concept known as the fraud triangle
- Identify which part of the fraud triangle you can most influence to reduce the amount of fraud you may face
Module 4 – Fraud Indicators
- Understand the importance of accuracy in identifying fraud
- Discover how organisations use modern technology to help them to identify potential fraud
- Establish the key indicators of fraud
- Learn about the signs of potential fraud that you should be looking out for by reviewing specific scenarios
Module 5 – Your Responsibilities
- Understand your personal responsibilities in detail
- Consider your role in keeping systems and information secure
- Ensure you follow policies, processes and procedures relating to fraud
- Learn what to do if you suspect a person may be committing fraud
- Apply learning to several case studies
- Know what happens next
Module 6 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
This e-learning course will help your learners identify why fraud prevention is so important and the impact it can have on everyone involved. With this course:
- Understand what fraud is and the different types of fraud that can affect individuals and organisations
- Explore the consequences of fraud and the impact it can have
- Identify who commits fraud and the reasons why
- Examine the fraud indicators and begin to spot when fraud might be happening
- Know your responsibilities and what to do when you suspect fraud
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.