This free energiser is best used for energising a group in a physical way.
A two-sheet document containing the instructions for this fun energiser can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, you can follow the notes below.
Chairs without wheels.
1. Ask the team to form a circle with their chairs. Ensure there are only as many chairs as people and then take two away.
2. Ask those two people without chairs to stand in the middle of the circle (ensure you are outside the circle).
3. Go around the circle and name each person in turn as lemon, orange, apple, lemon, orange, apple etc. (don’t forget to name the two people in the middle)
4. Explain: “I will shout at a fruit name, which will be either, lemon, orange or apple. If you hear you your fruit called out you must leave your own seat and find another. If you are left in the middle you must wait until your fruit is called until you can find a seat. If I shout ‘fruit salad’ then everyone must leave their seat and find another.”
5. Ensure everyone understands the rules and then start the energizer.
6. Call out different fruits in sequence and occasionally add in ‘fruit salad’. Continue this process until you feel that energy levels have increased or that people start to fall down tired!
Use this energiser to get the blood flowing round the body again. Particularly useful just after lunch or when you want to relieve tension after a difficult training session.
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!