These General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training Provider? Ask about our reseller process.
Now Available in French, Spanish, Danish and Czech translated versions!
Training course contents:
What’s the course about?
Compliance training helps to ensure that employees are adhering to the regulations and laws required of them and that their actions do not put the organisation they are representing in a difficult or even illegal position. Failure to comply with legislation can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU legislation put in place to protect people’s personal information. Its aims are simple – to ensure that data held about individuals is used fairly and lawfully.
For example, most of us don’t want to be plagued with unwanted junk mail, e mails or telephone calls. There is also a risk that our information could be used for criminal purposes if it gets into the wrong hands.
Sometimes the information that is held about us can be wrong.
There are probably many other potential problems that you can think of so you will understand why our information needs to be protected.
In this course, your participants will learn the data protection principles and the simple steps organisations and individuals can take to make sure they comply with them.
Who is it for?
This course is for those involved in the handling of people’s personal information, which would include:
- All employees
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
It’s an e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Three interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Includes downloadable factsheets and checklist
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Accredited courses – CPD Verification Service
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Data Protection Principles
Follow the story of Nathan who failed to ensure his organisation complied with the principles of the data protection and paid the consequences. See what happened to his business and the people that worked for it.
- Protecting your personal information – understanding the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and why it is important
- Identify the importance of the GDPR and what it is set up to protect
- Understand the role of the Information Commissioners Office and how they regulate
- Review the different types of data; personal data and special categories of personal data and how to process them
- Identify the seven GDPR principles
- Understand the law surrounding international transfer of data
Module 2 – Rights and Penalties
- Establish how to deal with subject access requests
- Learn the legal implications of managing data poorly
- Establish the eight GDPR rights for individuals and how they are applied or can be breached
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Understand the financial and legal consequences of not following the General Data Protection Regulation
Module 3 – Practical Application
- Applying the key elements to practical scenarios for the topics; Privacy notice, Processing the data of young people, Effective security checks, Sharing data with clients and Sharing data internally
- The Dos and Don’ts of dealing with data as part of your job
- GDPR checklist – including downloadable document for workplace checks
- Working with the ICO
Module 4 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To put it simply, you’ll ensure your participants compliance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation. With this course:
- Help ensure organisational compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Help ensure personal compliance with the GDPR
- Improve general compliance within your organisation
- Help to develop a compliance culture within your organisation
- Help your company avoid potentially costly litigation and fines
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can) Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.