These General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
GDPR – General Data Protections Regulation
Compliance training helps to ensure that employees are adhering to the regulations and laws required of them and that their actions do not put the organisation they are representing in a difficult or even illegal position. Failure to comply with legislation can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU legislation put in place to protect people’s personal information. Its aims are simple – to ensure that data held about individuals is used fairly and lawfully.
For example, most of us don’t want to be plagued with unwanted junk mail, emails or telephone calls. There is also a risk that our information could be used for criminal purposes if it gets into the wrong hands.
Sometimes the information that is held about us can be wrong.
There are probably many other potential problems that you can think of so you will understand why our information needs to be protected.
In this course, your participants will learn the data protection principles and the simple steps organisations and individuals can take to make sure they comply with them.
This course is for those involved in the handling of people’s personal information, which would include:
- All employees
- Team leaders
It’s an e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Three interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Includes downloadable factsheets and checklist
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Accredited courses – CPD Verification Service
To put it simply, this course will ensure learners comply with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation. With this course:
- Help ensure organisational compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Help ensure personal compliance with the GDPR
- Improve general compliance within your organisation
- Help to develop a compliance culture within your organisation
- Help your company avoid potentially costly litigation and fines
Follow the story of Nathan who failed to ensure his organisation complied with the principles of data protection and paid the consequences. See what happened to his business and the people that worked for it.
- Protecting your personal information – understanding the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and why it is important
- Identify the importance of the GDPR and what it is set up to protect
- Understand the role of the Information Commissioners Office and how they regulate
- Review the different types of data; personal data and special categories of personal data and how to process them
- Identify the seven GDPR principles
- Understand the law surrounding international transfer of data
- Establish how to deal with subject access requests
- Learn the legal implications of managing data poorly
- Establish the eight GDPR rights for individuals and how they are applied or can be breached
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Understand the financial and legal consequences of not following the General Data Protection Regulation
- Applying the key elements to practical scenarios for the topics; Privacy notice, Processing the data of young people, Effective security checks, Sharing data with clients and Sharing data internally
- The Dos and Don’ts of dealing with data as part of your job
- GDPR checklist – including downloadable document for workplace checks
- Working with the ICO
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.