These GDPR e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Now Available in French, Spanish, Danish and Czech translated versions!
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU legislation put in place to protect people’s personal information. Its aims are simple – to ensure that data held about individuals is used fairly and lawfully.
Data protection regulations apply to processing carried out by organisations operating within the EU, and also to organisations outside the EU which offer goods or services to individuals in the EU.
Although everyone within an organisation should be aware of and follow the GDPR regulations, people in more senior rules have an important role to play. This requires an in-depth understanding of the data regulations and the ability to identify where breaches may be taking place and to help ensure any gaps are closed.
A great reference tool for those with responsibility for GDPR
This e-learning course provides the learner with an in-depth understanding of GDPR, giving clarity around what is needed to ensure compliance, as well as providing support material to guide the organisation through the compliance process.
With this e-learning, your learners will be taken through General Data Protection Regulations step-by-step, ensuring they have a full understanding of what is required of the organisation, themselves and the people that work for them.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at senior people within an organisation who must both, comply with, and ensure others comply with data regulations. This includes:
- Data Officers
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Get downloadable checklist to help ensure organisational compliance
- Blending text, graphics and images
- A full final assessment with certification
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 Data protection
- Define what personal data is
- List special categories of sensitive data
- Describe where data legislation applies
- Explain the roles of the data controller and the data processor.
Module 2 Principles of data protection
- Identify the purpose of the data protection principles
- Give a brief description of each of the six principles
- Describe how consent to process data is given
- Explain special conditions around children giving consent.
Module 3 The data subject’s rights
- Understand why data subject rights are important
- Outline the 8 data subject rights
- Give examples of special requirements for children’s data
- Describe what profiling is and why there are safeguards.
Module 4 Accountability and governance
- Establish why the accountability principle is important
- Give examples of how organisations can show that they comply
- Identify some of the recording requirements
- Clarify what needs to happen when there’s a notifiable breach
- Describe how organisations can prepare themselves for data breaches
- Explain the difference between processing data within Europe and externally.
Module 5 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
With this ‘GDPR – for Managers’ E-Learning course you learners will:
- Ensure organisational compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Ensure personal compliance with the GDPR
- Improve general compliance within your organisation
- Help to develop a compliance culture within your organisation
- Help your company avoid potentially costly litigation and fines
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.